May 2013 Weddings
Options

Superstorm

I hope everyone stays safe in the next few days!  I keep getting different forcasts, so I don't have a clue what happening in NH other than that we're suppose to get the brunt of the wind.  Be safe, east coast brides!

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Superstorm

• Options
    I was just coming to post the same thing! 

I'm basically supposed to be pummeled. We did our shopping on Friday (batteries, water, soups, stuff to make a couple things that can be reheated on the gas stove, WINE) and I spent today cooking and preparing the apartment. FI is at the Dolphins/Jets game now and when he gets home we have to finish getting the basement in order. It flooded to my knees during Irene last year and she wasn't even that bad. 

The wind has been bad all day. I woke up at 7:30 this morning because of the wind. It hasn't started raining yet but my mom who lives down the shore said it's started there so soon I guess. 

They're shutting down all public transportation in NYC/NJ tonight and I'm hoping to get a text or something from my boss about work tomorrow. I haven't heard anything from him yet, though

Stay safe, ladies! 

• Options
    Good luck with everything, especially the basement, Rachel.  It sounds like you are being very prepared.  

FI just left for a business trip :(  He won't be back until Friday night, so I'm actually going to stay with my parents for the week.  Their house is at the highest point in town and all the power lines near there are unground.  They rarely lose power and never flood.  I hope they don't lose power this time!  I hate being without power!

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

Praying for all of your safety!

May 2013 Brides February Siggy photo invitessiggy_zpscfc27989.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    yes prayers are with you all. keep us updated
  • Options
    Prayers from the south Sandy flooded our beach walks but was more rain and wind, the wind is nice for us change in weather lol. Good luck northern ladies!
  • Options
    Prayers from the Midwest! Hope Sandy isn't as bad as she's supposed to be.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The radar shows where I am getting hit pretty bad too, it's been raining all day yesterday and today. Tuesday is supposed to be the worst of it.

My parents are in Maryland, supposed to be driving back tomorrow but if the weather is bad hopefully they'll stay put.
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge
    Cake
    my read shelf:
    Becky's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_superstorm?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:dc48a9db-b2c0-4dfc-9045-3672e3fab717Post:9344a17e-dcbf-468e-bb65-01ada0058f31">Re: Superstorm</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was just coming to post the same thing!  I'm basically supposed to be pummeled. We did our shopping on Friday (batteries, water, soups, stuff to make a couple things that can be reheated on the gas stove, WINE) and I spent today cooking and preparing the apartment. FI is at the Dolphins/Jets game now and when he gets home we have to finish getting the basement in order. It flooded to my knees during Irene last year and she wasn't even that bad.  The wind has been bad all day. I woke up at 7:30 this morning because of the wind. It hasn't started raining yet but my mom who lives down the shore said it's started there so soon I guess.  They're shutting down all public transportation in NYC/NJ tonight and I'm hoping to get a text or something from my boss about work tomorrow. I haven't heard anything from him yet, though Stay safe, ladies! 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

We've been doing the same thing.  Stay safe!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    VJones1981VJones1981 member
    First Comment
    edited October 2012
    We are staying at FI's parents house. DE finally issued a driving ban for non emergency personell starting st 5am. We are supposed to be right in the middle of everything. FI is still waiting to hear from his work. They are 24 hours, and haven't decided on closings yet! Hoping everyone stays safe.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thinking of you east coast girls, stay safe!!
    Trying to conceive #1 since January 2013
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    It is hard for me to fathom all that! I hope you girls are safe.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I forgot we have so many east coasters! I'm an eastern girl (Erie, P) living in the south, so I am now more accustomed to tornadoes than hurricanes.
    Keeping you all in my thoughts! Stay safe!
    Jackie (Photographer by trade) & Patrick (Military Police Officer)
    May 18, 2013
    "I Love My Wounded Warrior"
    May 2013 Brides November Sig: The venue
  • Options
    Keeping everyone affected in my thoughts and prayers! Stay safe!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In southern/western MA, so we're getting a whole lotta wind and a decent amount of rain... They're thinking we'll lose power for a while... all the schools and most businesses are closed (I work at a major insurance company that services all of the US, so we're open unfortunately)... stocked up on the basics for no power... including red wine. haha.

Last year, when we had the freak October/Halloween snowstorm and lost power for a week, FI and I commented that it would have been nice to have alcohol of some sort on hand, so he stocked up on a large amount of red wine this weekend. haha. Priorities...... :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

May 2013 - January - Cake Inspiration!
  • Options
    In spite of the driving ban, FI is on his way to work. Wawa has decided to keep their stores open just in case anyone decides to come in.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Hope you all stay safe.
    I'm just outside of Baltimore, so we're going to get hit pretty bad as well. It's been pretty rainy and the wind has started to pick up. FI is at the fire house for the next 24 hours...I'm hoping he stays safe. 
    Just me, the dogs, some wine and enjoying electricity while we still have it!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards