Louisiana-New Orleans

Need a Venue

We set the date!!!! March 9, 2012.. Now my work as began I need a venue for 100-125 people being from Houston and having a wedding in New Orleans is a challenge any good venue ideas? I would like food and open bar included please help.

Re: Need a Venue

• kbsmom1kbsmom1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You'll get lots of great ideas from the ladies here........what do you have in mind ..that will help us......we used Southern Oaks.....includes bar and food....great venue....but in New Orleans east....
    love Elms in uptown and lot of great hotels in the quarter with courtyards...have fun planning....we did from Atlanta...and the knot was really helpful......also the New Orleans Convention Bureau for hotel blocks and free info
  • edited December 2011
    Audubon Golf Club bride here. 

A little bummed about my coordinator, but everything else has been awesome.

Board of Trade is great in my experience but they really need to re-carpet the place 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_need-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:84Discussion:41bd3234-0002-4183-9654-fbdf0d134603Post:16496673-6f80-4b8a-b841-e0c947d2f1f5">Re: Need a Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]Audubon Golf Club bride here.  A little bummed about my coordinator, but everything else has been awesome. Board of Trade is great in my experience but they really need to re-carpet the place 
    Posted by NOLAbridealmost[/QUOTE]

Who is your coordinator?  And why are you bummed about them?  We are using the Audubon Tea Room across the street and are working with Perry. 
  • lbmsrlotrlbmsrlotr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Omni hotel  has an awesome venue.
    If ur looking for something less expensive, try Andreas restaurant banquet room.
  • edited December 2011
    St. Louis Hotel, Parkview Terrace in City Park, Audubon are all nice.
  • NolaBride2012NolaBride2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Federal Ballroom bride here... thrilled with the location and the ambiance, less than thrilled with the coordinator there (she's a little spacey).

Also recommend taking some time clicking back through a few pages on these boards, there are tons of posts just like yours & you can benefit from gathering all that advice as well :)

Good luck!
  • amyj54amyj54 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married and had our ceremony and reception at the Maison Dupuy.  It was absolutely beautiful and I had soooo many compliments on the food.  Most guests said it was the best wedding food they ever had.  Christie Anderson was amazing helping me coordinate everything from hair/make up, music, etc.  She had tons of great recommendations and suggestions.  

My photog was phenomenal as well if you are looking check out Babs Evangelista.

Good luck! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards