Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

What's your favorite cocktail?

Include name and ingredients!  We want to have two nice picture frames set up on the bar that say "Bride recommends" and "Groom recommends" and list a few special cocktails.  All the drinks cost the same no matter what is in them, so we want to encourage our guests to order something special and fancy instead of just a beer or rum and coke (of course they can get that too if they want!).  A lot of our friends order safe drinks at weddings or what they think is low cost, but we want to encourage them to try something special!  Thanks for your ideas!

Re: What's your favorite cocktail?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Passion fruit mojitos! (rum, passionfruit puree, soda, mint)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Scotch.  Preferably non-peaty and single malt.  In my old age, I've taken to drinking like an old man.

My favorite fancy go-tos are:

Flirtini:  basically the same thing as a cosmo, but add a splash of pineapple and champagne

Lemon Drop:  1 1/2-2 ounces lemon vodka, a splash of sour, and maybe a 1/4 ounce of simple syrup. Serve with a sugar rim and a lemon twist

Sidecar:  everyone makes this differently, but it's a base of brandy/cognac with Grand Marnier and lemon juice.  It's one of those somewhat sweet drinks men can get away with ordering without any sideways glances.

I also like the classics:

Rusty Nail: 1 1/2 ounces scotch, 1/2 ounce Drambouie

Manhattan or Rob Roy: 1 1/2 ounces whiskey (or scotch for a Rob Roy) and 1/2 ounce sweet vermouth.  You can also use dry vermouth if you prefer them non-sweet.  Or if you're a purist, you can just shake a couple ounces of the whiskey or scotch in a shaker with some ice and drink it straight up like a man.
  • Options
    Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Capirhina for summer (Cachacas, Lime, Sugar Syrup)
    Irish Coffee for Winter (Coffee, Whiskey, Brown Sugar rim, whipped cream)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_whats-favorite-cocktail?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:19e67d0e-c5af-44f3-873d-cb8eb4e5c162Post:4d365fe6-84c4-4c31-b8ac-1fe3e9b16613">Re: What's your favorite cocktail?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Scotch.  Preferably non-peaty and single malt.  In my old age, I've taken to drinking like an old man. My favorite fancy go-tos are: Flirtini:  basically the same thing as a cosmo, but add a splash of pineapple and champagne Lemon Drop:  1 1/2-2 ounces lemon vodka, a splash of sour, and maybe a 1/4 ounce of simple syrup. Serve with a sugar rim and a lemon twist Sidecar:  everyone makes this differently, but it's a base of brandy/cognac with Grand Marnier and lemon juice.  It's one of those somewhat sweet drinks men can get away with ordering without any sideways glances. I also like the classics: Rusty Nail: 1 1/2 ounces scotch, 1/2 ounce Drambouie Manhattan or Rob Roy: 1 1/2 ounces whiskey (or scotch for a Rob Roy) and 1/2 ounce sweet vermouth.  You can also use dry vermouth if you prefer them non-sweet.  Or if you're a purist, you can just shake a couple ounces of the whiskey or scotch in a shaker with some ice and drink it straight up like a man.
    Posted by I Want Cake[/QUOTE]

I love Scotch too! Have you had Glenrothes? They make some seriously delicious stuff. One of their releases this year has almost coconut undertones... it's amazing!

<a href="http://www.theglenrothes.com/uk/" rel="nofollow">http://www.theglenrothes.com/uk/</a>
  • Options
    TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My cousin served a drink called "cranberry kiss" at our engagement party.  It was great!  Not sure the exact amounts, but I know it had cranberry juice, vodka, and amaretto (sounded gross to me...until I tried it!)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a few favorites:

dark and stormy: black rum, fresh ginger, gingerale

bramble: Gin, cassis, lemon juice, maple syrup

basil martini: gin, basil cucumber, lime juice, sugar

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards