Pennsylvania
Options

Genettis in Dickson City?

Has anyone been to a wedding reception recently at Genettis in Dickson City?  How is the food?  Any other recommendations in Scranton area for places with really good food?

I live in Florida and am planning a visit to the area soon to visit some sites?  Any must see reception sites in the area?

Re: Genettis in Dickson City?

• Options
    edited December 2011

I went to a wedding there last year and the food wasnt that good. I have however been to other functions there and the food was good. I guess its just hit or miss there.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    All of my High School formals were there. The food was always so-so, but I might depend on what package you get there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Genettis, Via Appia in Taylor, Montdale Country Club,the Ramada in Clarks Summit, Colarusso's La Palazo (sp?) in Moosic, I think, the Inne of the Abingtons, and the Inn at Nichols Village in Clarks Summit. I've seen all of them except for Colarusso's if you have any specific questions.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, also - The Green Ridge Club, The Collonade and Tripp House as well.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check Fiorelli's in Peckville... their food is AMAZING! They are also super fab to work with!!!!! It is only right down the road from Genetti's in Dickson City!
    Amy & Eric 10-16-10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-northeastern_genettis-dickson-city?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:624Discussion:3967f36c-2f3f-41ca-9158-2082486eb9abPost:850f057a-d099-4467-b1dd-219b6bbc0070">Re: Genettis in Dickson City?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Check Fiorelli's in Peckville... their food is AMAZING! They are also super fab to work with!!!!! It is only right down the road from Genetti's in Dickson City!
    Posted by amybear21[/QUOTE]

<div>Fiorelli's phone number is: 570-489-6777</div><div>It's usually Christine that I speak with and she is an absolute sweetheart. They are also okay with you just walking in, but if you are from out of town and wanting to do a consult and taste some food, give her a call and I'm sure she would put something together for you. :)</div>
    Amy & Eric 10-16-10
  • Options
    sweetpea0911sweetpea0911 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haven't seen the Regal Room in Olyphant mentioned...a skip and a jump away from Fiorelli's and Genetti's and great food/price....Montdale is also fabulous, that's where I wanted to have our reception but they were booked :(  But The Regal Room should be great, and ginabav is having her reception there in 2 weeks, so I'm excited to hear the full report!!

***raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways***
    oh noes, sweetpea UPDATED her planning bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    poodle2010poodle2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your responses.  I really appreciate it.  I recently made the trip up to PA and visited many many sites thanks to your suggestions.  In the end, we decided to go with Genettis.  Price was right and the ballroom was the dramatic style that I wanted.  The woman we spoke with was sooo nice and is very flexible and willing to work with us for what we want...unlike a couple other places that we visited which will remain anonymous! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was looking in the same area for my reception and checked out same places you did.  I really liked Rossi's alot.  The food was much better than both Genettis and Fiorellis, not to mention it was probably half price of Fiorellis and I wasnt given the feeling that I should be grateful that they would allow me to pay them to host my reception.  Hands down, Montdale is 10xs superior than both, especially the food and ambiance.  there is no outdoor area at Fiorellis and the outside is anything but picturesque.  I would be willing to pay the extra money for Montdale, and then Rossis.  Id go out of the area a little bit if those arent available.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards