Ohio-Cleveland

Good DJs in Akron/Cleve??

Hey girls- so my wedding is in Oct of this year and one of the last main vendores I need to book still is the DJ. Any suggestions??  Our wedding will be about 130-150 people with alot of young people who are going to want to dance the night away (including myself)! we need to have a DJ who will keep us pumped up! And I would like to spend less than $1000 if possible!

Thanks!
-Amy

Re: Good DJs in Akron/Cleve??

• knckedupknckedup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beach Boyz entertainment!!

beachboyzentertainment.com
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the Ohio-Northeast board...I'm hunting for DJ suggestions too and there's a lot on there.
  • edited December 2011

I wanted to let you know that I booked today with The DJ Crew, you should really check them out, I got him down to an extremely reasonable price, and they come highly recommended.  My wedding is the first week of November, so he will quote you about the same....give them a call....his name is John 330-869-5665 and tell him Jessica and Les sent you. They knock $50 off per person who refers.

• natatomicnatatomic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go with CatDJ's! They are fun, professional and basically awesome to work with.
    www.catdjs.com

Natalie
  • edited December 2011
    TKO Entertainment.  Ted is fantastic!
  • srbajb618srbajb618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am recommending some one NOT to go to! I am someone who doesn't usually complain, especially in public, it's not my nature. However, as I work in the event planning business as my career, when it came time for my own wedding to plan, I looked for a DJ that could be as detail oriented as I was. I met Billy J Disc Jockeys and he was everything I was looking for, full of details, schedules and deadlines, but he was EXPENSIVE. I decided peace of mind was worth it and I never worried about the DJ. Until April. When 2 months before the wedding, I was having my schedule for my wedding day re-written over and over, because whenever I corrected someone's name or a song choice, I would have to re-do it because they kept sending me the original copy. Not too bad. Next-The DJ we were meeting with: Billy J- not the DJ that would be there on my wedding day, so I would have to wait until the week of my wedding to meet the one who would be there on my wedding day. We met him 2 days before the wedding, at night, and he was an hour late, so he didn't really have time to go over the details, the ones I needed to be sure about- he said he had done 708 weddings and mine would be just like any other. Wedding day-I called as was requested to let them know we were leaving the last photo site, so they could prepare for the intro- an important one that was to be timed. He was 20 minutes late, and my guests were coming outside to ask me why I wasn't coming in yet. The DJ didn't line people up until I was already there, which was not what I had been told would be the plan. Next- he started the toasts- before we got to the table- and there was no time to pour the special champange we had bought, so we raised empty glasses as we rushed to our table. During dinner, timed out to be 30 minutes into dinner by our agreed timeline- a slideshow I had prepared was suppose to start- It was an hour after dinner was over, which set back the cake cutting. People left during dinner, without cake, because they had waited so long and I was behind almost 1 1/2 hours. Then with the cake cutting songs, we had a choreographed waltz to do that would lead into the father/daughter dance, my dad was ready and so were we and the DJ told my dad it would be 5 minutes before we started, so my dad went out of the room, as soon as my dad left, the DJ started the song, so someone had to chase my dad.Next- the father daughter dance was cut short- he forgot to call other father/daughters up to dance with us and when I motioned for him to call them up, he started the mother/son dance. I got to dance with my dad 45 seconds. I then went up to the DJ with my dad and asked him to call for the other mother/sons to go up for their dance and he refused, he didn't have it on his list and he wouldn't do it. I said his list was wrong and to call it. My mother had been looking forward to dancing with my brother for a year! So he did it and then he annouced "The bride is having me play this song until her mother has danced enough." For the bouquet toss, he didn't tell us he was starting, he just started the music and it was half way through the song before we got the toss bouquet and the girls in the room. My sister the maid of honor, missed it, as did my videographer, because they weren't told to be in there, and weren't ready. He only played one slow song after the bride/groom dances that I had planned out ahead of time and he played the last song 20 minutes early. His name was Daryl.
    If this all wasn't bad enough, when I went to pick up the cds from our wedding, the DJ-Billy, was supposed to have created a cd that has a special song on it that I had made as my gift to my groom. He didn't do, yelled at me that he wasn't suppose to do it, even though we paid for him to do it, and called me a liar when I recited word for word our agreement. I cried. I had never been yelled at before like that and by a practical stranger! Who I had paid alot of money for! Oh! and while he was yelling at me, telling my mom I was a liar, he was doing this with his pants un-zipped. I say this not to be bitter, but as a warning: Get everything in writing, go over EVERYTHING! and be sure you meet your DJ way before the wedding. The music was so important to our wedding and Daryl and Billy from Billy J Disc Jockeys ruined it. Don't trust details at a show, trust your written word on a contract.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards