Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Average DJ cost?

We were hoping a co-worker who DJ's on the side would do our wedding.  But he wants $700 for four hours, which doesn't seem right.  What is the average cost for a DJ?  We need 7-8 hours of entertainment.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Average DJ cost?

• I would say $800-$1500 is average, with a few outliers up to $2K+.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You could probably find someone for 700/800 dollars who would cover all 7-8 hours that you need. His pricing doesnt sound right. So he wants 1400 dollars? You can probably do better than that price.
  • I was quoted $1600 for unlimited service for a popular DJ...we're working on that price quote since I only need him for 5 hours and I'm getting married in an off month, but yeah, that's just about right to me.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • My dj is  is doing ours 5 1/2 hours for $700. He has done a few of my friends and family and is a great dj! I think it depends but I could never image paying more then 1000 for someone to pay songs. My family and friends will be up and dancing the whole time!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm getting 5 hrs for $800ish
  • I'm paying $975 for 5 hours
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • $800    7 hours.
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • $1300 for unlimited dJ AND that includes uplighting service ( which is gorgeous)..

• I'm getting my dj from 6pm to 1am for only 400. I know he does fantastic work, I've heard/seen him before and he is an all around great guy! I would hope since this dj works with your groom he might cut you a deal, really sucks he's not!
  • Mine is $100 per hour.
  • edited March 2012
    Thanks guys!  I didn't want to offend him by saying no if his prices were average.  But for 8 hrs at $1400 with the only "add on" being karaoke I thought that was a tad high.  We have one more DJ contact - he is a friend of our neighbors.  So if he doesn't work out it looks like a DJ is next on my list of to-dos!

heb557 who are you using?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards