Michigan-Grand Rapids

Day of Coordinator

I am looking for someone to be there to ensure everything goes right on the day of my wedding. As I am planning my wedding, the last thing I want to worry about are little day of specifics.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.  Thank you. 

Re: Day of Coordinator

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_day-of-coordinator-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:95Discussion:56c30911-89c8-4518-be81-a394a1abbe9cPost:b19c6e89-88d4-45af-a916-217f73ee2c9c">Day of Coordinator</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am looking for someone to be there to ensure everything goes right on the day of my wedding. As I am planning my wedding, the last thing I want to worry about are little day of specifics.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.  Thank you. 
    Posted by tewellti[/QUOTE]

I'm having a family friend do this.  They'll be getting my master list of everything that needs to happen, and when.  I'll also have a few other people helping out in that way.   I like knowing it's a friend vs. someone I hired because I feel more comfortable around people I know, and I'll rest better knowing that my family friend we've known for ages is on task.

The big thing I think is making sure whoever is coordinating knows WHAT and WHERE things need to happen, along with who!
  • I hired one for our wedding, she is just graduating from college for meeting planning.  She hasn't done a wedding yet, but I think she has the ability to do it.  

She has already been a lot of help, things I haven't thought of.

If you have it in your budget and your venue doesn't have a wedding planner, I reccommend hiring one for sure. 

Good Luck!
  • I am also having a friend help on the day of the wedding. Just make sure your friend or family member is organized and will be able to handle everything without having to run to you every five seconds
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards