Florida-North Florida
Options

Am I crazy.... would you do this?

I am helping my niece plan her wedding

OK so we haven't found a location yet, but we just found out that our wedding DJ that we both love is offering a nice discount but the offer ends 02/04.

I called them because when I heard this from another bride we were dying. They said, if we wanted to we could book now and if our date changed as long as they were availale they would change the date. They said, with so many people here in the military with potential deployments and such they are used to accomodating changes.

I guess the biggest issue would be if we found a location we loved and it's availability is when our dj is booked. We have been to most of the places in Pensacola and there hasn't been one that has stood out. we have a couple of possibilities but haven't fallen in love with anything yet. We want to book soon, so we can have a set date and place.

What do you guys think? Would it be insane to book the DJ before the reception location. We would be saving a big chunk of change and excited to know at least we have our DJ,.Undecided

Re: Am I crazy.... would you do this?

• Options
    pag41989pag41989 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked our DJ before we found a location. However, now I wish I would have looked around more but I can't go back now. If this is definately the DJ you want I see nothing wrong with it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    christinalauchristinalau member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would ask the DJ about backup plans i.e. if he is not available that day - Do you get a refund then? As long as there is a clause in the contract that lets you change the dates and specify that you do get a refund if the DJ is unavailable, I would go for it.
    HTH
  • Options
    clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That was my question^^^. Do you lose your deposit if he's not available? How much is the deposit? Is the discount so large that it's worth the risk of losing the deposit? I didn't book anyone until I had my venue...which was good b/c I had to change my date to book that venue.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lifeizbeachylifeizbeachy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we are booking the same dj and we haven't booked our location yet, but we love him and his wife they are very flexible and understanding about it all. I don't think we'd get our deposit back, but at this point I'd be more likely to change venues rather then dates if he wasn't available. Have you met with him yet. I just spoke with them over the phone. I am waiting for fiance to come back into town so we can meet with him together. We did see him perform, and fi was like, "I want him" LOL 

I guess also things to consider and ask them is how long until your nieces wedding, and the likelihood of him booking if you wait. Also how long before you think you will be before finding the location. It is a really good discount.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards