September 2013 Weddings

FFFC

Who's ready for some flames? I know I am.

Last night I was so excited to get home to look at the disk my photographer sent me with my e-pics. I waited until 11:00 for FI to get home so we could look at them together. When I put the disk in the computer, my heart sank. There were only a few new photos -- all the rest I had seen online already, and it was nowhere near all of the photos. I was so upset I started crying. FI was upset, too, which is a big deal because he hasn't really gotten too flustered over this whole photography ordeal. I went to bed upset and woke up upset. I now have to call the photographer today and, without getting emotional, figure out where. the. hell. my. photos. are.

So I'm flaming my photographer today. And every day for the last month and a half.
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: FFFC

• I have several flames this week.

I flame myself for not fully shutting off the faucet in the bathroom at work yesterday.  The sink doesn't drain well to begin with.... Yeah.  Big Mess.

I flame bosslady for making HORRIBLE parenting choices constantly and trying to convince me not to have children because hers are so f**ked up.

I also flame my laziness this week.  I will kick my own behind this weekend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_fffc-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:a4b2309f-a4de-4e06-a98f-ba41ef761e6dPost:6833e18f-5cd7-440d-98fe-55d6d78ee3ea">FFFC</a>:
    [QUOTE]Who's ready for some flames? I know I am. Last night I was so excited to get home to look at the disk my photographer sent me with my e-pics. I waited until 11:00 for FI to get home so we could look at them together. When I put the disk in the computer, my heart sank. There were only a few new photos -- all the rest I had seen online already, and it was nowhere near all of the photos. I was so upset I started crying. FI was upset, too, which is a big deal because he hasn't really gotten too flustered over this whole photography ordeal. I went to bed upset and woke up upset. I now have to call the photographer today and, without getting emotional, figure out where. the. hell. my. photos. are. So I'm flaming my photographer today. And every day for the last month and a half.
    Posted by mpickl[/QUOTE]

Oh mpickl, I am so sorry to hear that.  As the clock winds down these kind of things get more and more frustrating especially when you're also thinking about how to avoid this with your wedding pictures! Maybe you need to request a sit down meeting with the photographer to express your concerns and see if they can soothe your worries.  If not,  you may want to consider a Plan B.
  • Mpickl....  I'm giving you a virtual hug right now.  And I flame your photographer too.  So not cool.  I was wondering where the PIP post was.  Ger.

I flame work.  This project is awful.  I can't wait for it to be over!
  • @mpickl - OH NO!  Want me to call for you!?  Brief me on the full situation and I can unleash a little bit of this beeotchiness that has been randomly coming out of my mouth lately.  oops!

I flame my boss.  I am the only xray tech here in our small office so the only time I can safely take time off without worrying that they would have to find a temp xray tech.  I was going to take off the Friday before and Wednesday after Christmas since well...I've been here for 5 years and the doctors will be out of time and I freaking deserve it.  I told her this months ago.  She OK'd the new girl of 2 months to take the same days off because she "forgot" I was....Boss will be on vacation that week and the 4th and only other girl we work with would be here alone.  That isn't right.  So guess who is working Friday and Wednesday!  HMPH.  You better believe I will sit here and do NOTHING but wedding stuff both of those days.  No shame lol.

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I flame a client of mine.  I'm a hairstylist, and I'm self-employed.  Every single time I do her hair, she nitpicks it.  There will be litterally one piece that's 'too light' or it will be 'too dark' in one place.  Every single time I fix it free.  Which no other stylist in their right mind would do!!

Last night I stayed late for her, getting home well after 7 to suit her work schedule.  I'm trying to unwind, until about 9 pm, when I hear my phone going off the hook.  She sent me five texts in a row about how it's 'not right' and 'can you come in at the crack of dawn tomorrow to fix it before I go to work?' Or the kicker (when I said no!), 'can I go to [salon that *I* used to work at] to see if they will fix it?' I'm very patient, but now I'm ready to tell her where to go.  She does this pretty much everytime, once the day before I left for vacation, she needed it 'fixed' and couldn't just suck it up. I never see where the problem is, it's all in her head.
  • I flame approx. 295 of my 300 residents... everything is an emergency to them! I'm sorry your sink is draining slowly, but we aren't going to run over there this second since we are fixing someone's heat right now! It's like they all think they are the center of the universe and we are here to wait on them hand and foot!!! AND they can NEVER remember how much to pay in rent?!?! Is it THAT hard??? Did you even read your lease??? Okay, whew! Can't wait until the weekend starts!!! :) 

My wedding-related flame is my guest list!!! It magically grew to 182, which I was fine with until I realized how much $$$ we are talking about! My FI and I seriously need to axe some people off of there this weekend... ughhhh, this sucks...
    ***January Siggy Challenge... Bouquet Inspiration***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_fffc-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:a4b2309f-a4de-4e06-a98f-ba41ef761e6dPost:49cbbb7c-dcd1-4d8f-a6bc-7f53bf973018">Re: FFFC</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame a client of mine.  I'm a hairstylist, and I'm self-employed.  Every single time I do her hair, she nitpicks it.  There will be litterally one piece that's 'too light' or it will be 'too dark' in one place.  Every single time I fix it free.  Which no other stylist in their right mind would do!! Last night I stayed late for her, getting home well after 7 to suit her work schedule.  I'm trying to unwind, until about 9 pm, when I hear my phone going off the hook.  She sent me five texts in a row about how it's 'not right' and 'can you come in at the crack of dawn tomorrow to fix it before I go to work?' Or the kicker (when I said no!), 'can I go to [salon that *I* used to work at] to see if they will fix it?' I'm very patient, but now I'm ready to tell her where to go.  She does this pretty much everytime, once the day before I left for vacation, she needed it 'fixed' and couldn't just suck it up. I never see where the problem is, it's all in her head.
    Posted by semi891[/QUOTE]

It definitely sounds like she's taking advantage of your kindness as way to stretch out her hair style as long as possible for the least amount of payment possible.  If I were you, I would constantly be "booked" when she needed her hair done.  Tell her it must be the holidays or whatever but though you would love to, sorry but your calendar is all full.  Heck, with Christmas/New Year's/Valentine's Day coming up that excuse should last you long enough for her to get the hint that if she doesn't value you when you do give her some time then the time won't continue to be there. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_fffc-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:a4b2309f-a4de-4e06-a98f-ba41ef761e6dPost:377f2d10-8030-4eef-ae5f-2d26282c1a0c">Re: FFFC</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFFC : It definitely sounds like she's taking advantage of your kindness as way to stretch out her hair style as long as possible for the least amount of payment possible.  If I were you, I would constantly be "booked" when she needed her hair done.  Tell her it must be the holidays or whatever but though you would love to, sorry but your calendar is all full.  Heck, with Christmas/New Year's/Valentine's Day coming up that excuse should last you long enough for her to get the hint that if she doesn't value you when you do give her some time then the time won't continue to be there. 
    Posted by zantster[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think so too! I chatted with some co-workers and they agree, enough is enough.  It's not worth getting those texts late at night, becoming upset, and in turn upsetting myfiance.  Thanks!
  • I flame whoever got me sick.  I hate colds.  And it would have to be my first week as acting manager.

I also flame myself for sleeping most of today so I didn't get anything started for dinner and I'll have to be eating in about half an hour to get to work on time *ugh*.
  • I flame my friggin' cold.  I am absolutely freaking miserable. 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards