Iowa-Des Moines

Weekend Wrap-Up!!

We can talk, wedding related happenings over the weekend, or non-wedding related happenings!!
It's up to you!!

What did you do this weekend?
Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
Anniversary
Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero

Re: Weekend Wrap-Up!!

• MaggieandJakeMaggieandJake member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WR:  We got a lot done this weekend!  Fri we got our marriage license and had 2 tastings-1 for our reception menu and 1 for our rehearsal dinner menu.  Sat FI picked out tuxes and finalized details for our wedding cake and grooms cake.

NWR: we met up with lots of friends who live in MN which was really fun!
    "All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
  • saraann62saraann62 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WR- Finished favors and sending out invites tomorrow!  We have our final meeting with the priest tomorrow night.  We also have the flowers halfway done.  Hopefully those will be finished next weekend.

NWR- We went to a Phesants Forever banquet last night, relaxed all day today, worked Saturday morning

Our wedding is April 30.  Does anyone know if we can get our marriage license alreay or do we have to do it closer to the wedding.  I know that we have to bring a witness and our divers license.
  • edited December 2011
    Sara, take a look at this web site: http://usmarriagelaws.com/search/united_states/iowa/marriage_licenses/carroll_county_recorder.shtml

WR: We found the guy's outfit in the color we wanted. Still browsing for invitations and all paper things...

NWR: shopping time and dinner out with the kids this weekend. And lunch today with a very dear couple.
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

WR: Nothing much as of yet, I got the CD of our e-pics so now I'm working on making STD's

NWR: Had a great lunch with 2 of my MOH's they are so great. Lots of laughs and just hanging out!

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    WR-we took engagement pics.  Should have them in about a week!  YAY!

NWR-had some friends over, watched the oscars...pretty low-key weekend, and i loved it!
  • edited December 2011
    WR:  Finally got registered at one store at least.  It was fun, but very exhausting!!

NWR:  Got my tax done, did some shopping, had lunch with my brother and dinner with FI's brother and family.  Sunday I met my parents for lunch and then vegged the rest of the day.   

Have a great week ladies! 
    Anniversary
  • MaggieandJakeMaggieandJake member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about IA, but in MN you can get your license 6 months in advance and you just need the bride groom and picture and your DLs.  We didn't even need to bring our witnesses (they'll sign the license at the ceremony)
    "All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
  • sdose13sdose13 member
    edited December 2011
    WR: Not much. My STDs came in the mail today, though, so I'll be addressing those all week. I ordered my dress last week, so that was exciting. the search is now on for a DJ and cake baker.

NWR: Not much productive. I have the whole week off this week so I procrastinated big cleaning projects and laundry.

Have a good week everyone!
  • edited December 2011
    This weekend my fiance's family (parents and sister) came to visit, and we had a great time hanging out, eating at a couple of our favorite Iowa City restaurants and going to see the "Cedar Rapids" movie.

My future-in-laws also offered to arrange the rehearsal dinner and the monning after brunch--that takes a load off :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like everyone had a great weekend!!

Happy Week :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards