Iowa-Des Moines

Wedding Planner?

A couple weeks ago I was stressed about decorating our church.  We've found a lot of ideas we like, but most of it would take a while for us to have to take down after the ceremony and we don't want to spend the time on it.  So, yesterday we drove up to Ames to talk to the event rental companies about what they can do with our church.  They looked at our pictures and tried to help, but didn't have much to offer.  They basically said "I understand why you think you need something, but we don't know what to do".

SO now we're thinking of maybe just hiring a wedding planner to do it.  I'm so sick of googling pictures and pricing from rental companies vs buying that I'm just over it all.

Anyone have anyone to recommend?  I saw Cynthia Betts on here but she is booked...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wedding Planner?

• edited December 2011
    hi there,
    i just responded over on the nest. :)
  • McsweetsMcsweets member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ha!!! Too awesome --- thank you!!!
  • ebeth413ebeth413 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could always ask a family friend or relative to set up/take down the decorations at the church. That way, you wouldn't have to worry about it.
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    edited December 2011
    If you can't find someone let me know I'll do it for you!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Chelle1015Chelle1015 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would love to trade with another bride on here to be the coordinator!  I'm in real need of one on October 1, but we simply can't afford the rates.  Would anyone like to trade?  I'm extremely organized, and I have everything documented, I just don't want to worry about it on our wedding day...but I'd love to do yours!  Please let me know if anyone is interested in being each other's coordinator for the day of wedding!

edited December 2011
    I totally would but my shower/bach party is Oct 1!!!!
    edited December 2011
    I found a lady who is going to charge us $300 to create several options for ceremony decor (within our budget - $200-$300), we will pick one, and she will set it up and take it all down.
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    edited December 2011
    That is awesome! I'm glad you found someone

Chelle, I wish I could help you I totally would, but we're going to be on our HM :(
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh thank you, that is sweet of you!

I still have a month, so hopefully I can find someone to "trade days".  I wish I had thought of this sooner!
    edited December 2011
    If you end up needing a planner, the lady we are using is Bonnie from Perfect Events.

http://www.hastobeperfect.com/

She was nice and pretty reasonable...
  • reeseandbenreeseandben member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  I'm getting married in May, 2012 and I'd be happy to help you on the day of your wedding on October 1st.  Just let me know if you still want to trade help.

Have a great week.

Charise
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Charise - I'm so sorry that I just saw you message!  Yes, if you'd like to trade dates to be each other's wedding event planner, I am all for that!  I know my day is coming right up, but I could fill you in via email, I have everything organized down to the hour (estimated anyway) :) .  And the rest we could go over the morning or day before the wedding.  It is at 5pm on Oct 1. 

Thank you for your message!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards