Wisconsin
Options

Hotel's in Racine/Kenosha?

I am getting ready to get my hotel blocks set up for our wedding. I seen somewhere that I should have the block sent out before the the STD goes out. What are some good hotels in the area for a hotel block? Also, we are having our ceremony in Kenosha at a park and the reception in Racine at the Racine Masonic Center so should we go and get the blocks set up in Racine or in Kenosha or one in each town? I want to have a range of prices and depending on how many OOT guests we have we may only have one hotel block. Any advice is helpful TIA.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hotel's in Racine/Kenosha?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would get hotels near the reception venue as well.

The only hotel near the Masonic Center is this one: 
    Radisson Hotel Racine Harborwalk

1-800-395-7046

223 Gaslight Circle

Racine, WI 53403

There's also a bed and breakfast:
    Hughes House Bed and Breakfast
    1500 Main Street, Racine, WI

(262) 497-5380

Here are other hotels in Racine (all on or just off of Hwy 20):
    Fairfield Inn

1-262-886-5000

6421 Washington Avenue

Racine, WI 53406

Radisson
    223 Gas Light Circle, Racine, WI

(262) 632-7777

Comfort Inn

(262) 886-6055

1154 Prairie Drive

Racine, WI 53406

Super 8
    1-262-884-0486 ‎

1150 Oakes Road

Racine, WI 53406

Holiday Inn

1-877-863-4780

13339 Hospitality Court

Sturtevant, WI 53177

I would avoid this hotel at all costs (not a safe location):
    Riverside Inn
    3700 Northwestern Ave, Racine, WI

(262) 637-9311

• Options
    edited December 2011
    @swtheart - thank ya for the entire list. I am not from the area so that is very helpful, plus my FI isn't very helpful with locations either but yet has lived in the area for many more years then I have.
    @gundy - Random but I almost typed Grundy which is my FI sort of nick name he has online, hehe. And thanks, I talked to my step-mom and she also said the same thing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would block hotels closer the the reception venue.  Some people may not go to the ceremony and most people will appreciate a shorter drive to the hotel at the end of the night.  Can't help on Racine hotels, sorry.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    We had our wedding on the lake in Kenosha and reception at Racine Masonic Center also.  Its not that far from kenosha to Racine.  Just book rooms in Racine.  The Raddisson will not block rooms for you unless you have something there (i.e. rehersal dinner) and they were super expensive for our summer wedding ($140).

We went with the Racine Marriott for our main hotel and all guest were super happy with it.  My aunt said it was the most comfortable bed she'd ever slept in.  ONly down side is that since they are "full service"  there's no free breakfast.  Our bock in 2010 was $99/night.  THe Marriott is only 4.5 miles from the Masonic Center and its almost a straight shot.  THey were very easy to work with and passed out the "welcome" guest bags for me with no problem.  Out other hotel was the Holiday Inn Express on Hwy 20 out by 94.  Its nice and has free breakfast.

The people at the Masonic Center are so wonderful to work with!!
  • Options
    The Raddison in Racine is nice.. just make sure your block is in the rennovated wing.  The rooms only cost a little bit more and are way nicer (the unrenovated rooms have a musty smell- I would advise your guests to avoid these)

~Megan

megan@reillyimages.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards