Indiana

**NDIrish07**

Hi! I remember you from my early Basilica call days, and if I remember correctly you're getting married just a few hours before me (I have the 3:00 time on 7/31)!

How's it all coming together?? Are you as excited as I am? I can't belive it's like two and a half weeks away. I feel like there's still so much to do!

Hope things are going well as our planning winds up!

Re: **NDIrish07**

• ndirish07ndirish07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey!  You are right--we are the 11:00 on the 31st!  I am SO so so excited for the weekend to finally come! 

Things are coming together pretty well. I am a teacher, so having the entire summer free has been such a blessing--I check a few things off my list each day, so things are working out!  I keep worrying though that there are things that I am forgetting, but I hope that's not the case! What things are you working on--maybe it will help jog my memory of things I may have forgotten!

2 weeks from today I'll be arriving in the Bend for the start of the festivities--I can't believe it!

Random question for you--do you happen to know any nail salons in the area that can accomodate big groups?  I still need to figure that one out!

I'll start praying for good weather for that day all day long for both of us! :)
  • ChiaraSeraChiaraSera member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey! You're so lucky you've had this time off! I'm in Grad School and I thought I'd have way more time than I do. i guess it always goes that way!

My to do list is quite long, but that's because I write down every detail. Really I only have the programs, the seating chart and a welcome letter to the guests to do. I hope I can get that all done this weekend. I've also got to do the whole packing thing, but that's it's own to do list!

I'm stumped on the nail salons, I've always thought that South Bend really lacked in that area. I only ever went to the Asian places around town and those can be tricky since they take walk ins. I do know that the one in the mall by JCPenny has like 8 mani and 8 pedi stations, but I rarely see that many workers there. I went there for my french manicure before my engagement photos. It looked great but didn't last too long. There is a newer place that I went to out in Toscana Park (it's a newish shopping area in Mishawaka, just past the Target out there on Main). That place was really nice and didn't use any of the scary illegal scrapey tools that some places still use. I think it's called California Nails or maybe C & K nails? I'm sorry I'm not much help!

I can't believe that we only have two weeks before all the pre-wedding festivities start! I'm so excited I can hardly sleep at night! I'm cureious about what's on your to-do list too, to see if I'm forgetting anything!

Good luck getting everything done! I kinda wish you were the 1:00 bride so we could maybe catch a glimpse of each other the day of! Enjoy these last two weeks of planning!
  • ndirish07ndirish07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just stalked your bio--I LOVE YOUR HAIR FLOWER!  Where did you find the materials/online tutorials??  I bought a cheapo one and ordered one from etsy also, but that one hasn't arrived yet so I'm getting nervous!

My to do list is to print my programs/welcome brochures for the welcome bags--but I am doing that today, the then tying ribbons on the programs, buying the supplies for the welcome bags (but we are waiting til we are in South Bend for that), sewing cloth covered buttons onto my dress (it's the only thing I really wanted that my dress didn't have, so we bought some at the fabric store and are doing it ourselves--thank goodness for my crafty/talented mother!), print the table numbers, get frames for family wedding pictures, make a must-take picture list, meet with the DJ about our must play songs, and get shoes for my RD dress! That looks like a lot butt it shouldn't be too bad!

I wish I was the 1:00 bride too haha--anything for a little less early wake up call!  I'm beginning to see the early wedding as a good thing though, because it's allowing me a lot more time with my guests than othewise--we are having an on campus punch/cookie reception first, then our real reception at the Marriott later, so double the fun I guess!

Good luck!!! I am SO excited!
  • ChiaraSeraChiaraSera member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh the hair flower was unbelievably easy. It litterally took me 5 minutes. Directions: Get a gardenia from JoAnns (the one I used has one full flower, one just  opening and a bud on it--I think they may be on sale right now)--the Micheal's gardenias are glued together, which means you can't take them apart. Take the flower apart and remover the little things that shape it. Stack the petals back together til you get the look you want and hot glue them together. Then put a dab of hot glue in the center and press in pearls and crystals. Then attach a bobby pin or alligator clip to the bottom. Super quick and easy!

Your list sounds jsut like mine! I'm glad I'm not super behind on my to-do's! I finished my Welcome Letter and Wedding Party Timelines today. If you're looking for a good place for family wedding frames I got mine at Marshals and TJMaxx for like 4-8 bucks a piece. They're all super pretty.

Good luck getting it all done and let me know if you want more instructions on the flower, if you feel like adding something else to your to do list!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards