July 2013 Weddings

Invitations

So the guy that is in charge of ordering my invitations didn't correct the proof I sent him and I got 100 some invitations that were not correct. Luckily, he is sending them back but I wanted to double check and make sure I'm not being too picky or if I'm even correct.
They didn't put a hypen between five and thirty so I'm having them change that. 
I read that you spell out the year and use all little letters or just capitalize the first letter of the year.
Example: Two thousand thirteen or two thousand thirteen
Also, heard you don't include the zip code. Does this go for the reception card too? My reception is at the same location as my ceremony, but there is no room on the invitation to put reception immediatly following and the reception card comes with so I had it say something about reception, dinner and dance after the ceremony.

Anyone else having fun with invitations?

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Invitations

• emmyrooemmyroo member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited September 2012
    Actually, you don't need a hyphen in "five thirty".  I don't think it's incorrect with the hyphen ("five-thirty"), but it's not necessary.  I think on the reception card, you don't need the zip.  We have the same problem where the "reception to follow at..." part doesn't fit on the actual invite, so we're having a reception card too.  You can put the zip code anywhere you put the full address, such as if you have a directions card or on the website. You don't need to put street and number on the actual invite and reception card, just the city and state, spelled out.

My mom, sister, and I sat down and designed my invites today!  My mom is going to order the paper we need tomorrow and then the next time I visit at the end of Oct, we'll start printing, cutting, stamping, and assembling.  It'll take a while (we've got to make ~125), but it's going to be fun!  The design is turning out really cute too.  I don't have any pics b/c my didn't have enough paper in the right colors to make a full out mock-up.  I got a little overwhelmed with all the choices I had to made today, but it all worked out.
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks for the tips! It has been giving me a headache! lol What time is your wedding? Wondering if I should have put five thirty in the afternoon instead of evening. I have another proof coming now but I know they are probably tired of me changing everything and think I'm crazy. lol Wish I would have went somewhere more helpful. Anyway, Most places I read say it isn't evening until six. However, I read this on the knot.:

Q. I will be getting married at 5:30 p.m. How do I word the time on the invitations? I've heard "half after five" is appropriate, but I think it sounds stuffy. If "five thirty" is okay, should I hyphenate or not? Also, should I say "in the afternoon" or "in the evening?" I don't want my guests to think I'm having a formal, black-tie wedding -- plus it's summer and the sun will still be up, so I'm leaning toward "afternoon."

A.

"Half after five o'clock" is the traditional wording, but if you feel that sounds too formal, you can certainly use "five-thirty in the afternoon" or "in the evening." Also, "afternoon" is fine, for the reasons you've given, even though five-thirty is technically evening.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Wow, so not looking forward to this!! I think we have decided to get invites at Michaels or Hobby Lobby and print em ourselves. Save money and tome and stress cause we will see the finished product right away and can change things if need be.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

• Yes, thanks for the tips! I had no idea about not listing the full address on the invite. When proofing with my mom, she told me that she felt a lot of people would become confused with the formal way to list 10:30 am, so we have " ten thirty in the morning" . I think it was " half past ten in the morning" . I personally put in the morning as people are already confused about the time of day.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards