Wedding Etiquette Forum

Morning thread, if you have something to say.

Re: Morning thread, if you have something to say.

• In Response to Re:Morning thread, if you have something to say.:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Morning thread, if you have something to say.:nbsp; My mom accidentally gave me one of his pills instead of my ADD meds once. That was a fun day...Posted by cookie0803I know it isn't funny, but the way you said it made me giggle.nbsp; Did it calm you at all? Posted by HockeyFan4[/QUOTE]

It was absolutely funny. And I had an awesome day! I was in high school by that point, and my mom had a tranquilizer left in the pill cutter, but got confused because they looked a lot alike, and handed it to me.

Nothing got done that day.
  • Pool party at Abbalish's place!!!! 
  • Yes please, E pool party!  Bring your own skimmer.  We've got a hot tub, too :-)
  • So I'm at Starbucks (shocker, I know), and am sitting outside and already might have to leave soon because it's so effing hot. It's only 10am! I want last weeks weather back. 
  • Morning! I went to see Magic Mike last night...I don't think it was worth the hype TBH. 

Abba-I have serious backyard envy right now.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-thread-if-you-have-something-to-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d51b95aa-faf6-4aca-b35e-38f20fcad62cPost:87a16f8f-2756-4a0c-956c-1b1264300617">Re: Morning thread, if you have something to say.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning! I went to see Magic Mike last night...I don't think it was worth the hype TBH.  
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

<div>Crash, this isn't to you. I was already going to say something about MM.</div><div>
    </div><div>I just can't get on board for that movie, and i can't wait for the hype to subside---I'm sick of seeing people talk about it CONSTANTLY on FB.</div><div>
    </div><div>It's a movie with hot guys. Wow. So impressive.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-thread-if-you-have-something-to-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d51b95aa-faf6-4aca-b35e-38f20fcad62cPost:1a511b31-039e-44c0-a879-df2bc7fd21cc">Re: Morning thread, if you have something to say.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning thread, if you have something to say. : Crash, this isn't to you. I was already going to say something about MM. I just can't get on board for that movie, and i can't wait for the hype to subside--<strong>-I'm sick of seeing people talk about it CONSTANTLY on FB. I</strong>t's a movie with hot guys. Wow. So impressive.
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]
    One of my FB friends said that "if you love God, you won't see Magic Mike." Ohh..okay then. <div>
    </div><div>But seriously, my friend and I barely got tickets last night and then when our movie was over and we were leaving the lobby was PACKED. Literally shoulder to shoulder. Ridiculous.</div>
  • Someone said this morning on my FB that if you needed to see MM that badly, you needed to get a vibrator or have sex with your BF/H. 

That made me giggle, and I usually can't stand what that girl says, but I definitely feel that way about the people that WON'T STOP talking about it.

Someone else said that if there was a movie like this but with women instead of men and men were acting this way about its release, that the men would come across as pervs.

I don't 100% with that, but I do wonder how people would react if the tables were turned.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-thread-if-you-have-something-to-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d51b95aa-faf6-4aca-b35e-38f20fcad62cPost:a7c3e73d-3ff7-478e-a45d-faeb480f234b">Re: Morning thread, if you have something to say.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Someone said this morning on my FB that if you needed to see MM that badly, you needed to get a vibrator or have sex with your BF/H.  That made me giggle, and I usually can't stand what that girl says, but I definitely feel that way about the people that WON'T STOP talking about it. Someone else said that if there was a movie like this but with women instead of men and men were acting this way about its release, that the men would come across as pervs. I don't 100% with that, but I do wonder how people would react if the tables were turned.
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]
    I think that's pretty on par. I think it's be an uproar if it was a movie about women strippers. <div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Good morning!

It's already ridiculously hot.  I'm supposed to do a lot of gardening this weekend, but now I don't wanna.

Today is my dog's birthday!  Berkeley is 7.  I should give her a toy or something.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-thread-if-you-have-something-to-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d51b95aa-faf6-4aca-b35e-38f20fcad62cPost:28b2cce1-24d7-4620-a40f-1ed068916bd4">Re: Morning thread, if you have something to say.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning! It's already ridiculously hot.  I'm supposed to do a lot of gardening this weekend, but now I don't wanna. Today is my dog's birthday!  Berkeley is 7.  I should give her a toy or something.  
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

<div>Just throw him a birthday party, as seen here: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9F1dcmr8q0" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9F1dcmr8q0</a></div><div>
    </div>
  • I loved Full House.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-thread-if-you-have-something-to-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d51b95aa-faf6-4aca-b35e-38f20fcad62cPost:1b12d8e7-6ae6-466b-a836-4b7d37cc3840">Re: Morning thread, if you have something to say.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I loved Full House.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

<div>I did too!</div><div>
    </div><div>I have a random question for you. I know that you're a mod here, but it shows that LC and Loopy are the mods on my Etiquette homepage. Glitch?</div>
  • Guys. Today is awesome. It's like, 75, sunny, light breeze. P.E.R.F.E.C.T. I'm so goddamn excited. I spent 3 hours just laying in the sun, then H and i went to the store for grilling stuff and movies and now we're getting ready to eat. NOMNOMNOM.

And you know what? We totally effing deserve this after the shiiitastic weather we've been enduring for the entire month of June. 

P&R!  Hope you ALL have AMAZING Saturdays!!! 
  • Good morning! Mica, if you have Praline's Ice Cream by you, they make doggy ice cream cakes. I don't know what we are doing today, it's wicked hot out and I have my period; but we don't want to stay cooped up in the house.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Morning. About to get breakfast with some friends. Going to an art show and then who knows what.
  • Jess -- due to TK IT issues, neither Loopy nor LC have been able to access the mod forum, so until that glitch can be fixed, I continue as mod so that I can get onto the mod forum if there is important information from TK Gods or if there are IT issues that the E mods want to report.

It's not such a bad deal.  I can ban people but I don't have to feel obligated to answer WR stuff that I don't feel like answering.  :P
  • Good morning ladies!

It is so freaking hot here.  I'm not usually one to complain about heat, but the heat index was 111 yesterday.  According to the radio, it was so hot that the heat was causing pavement to crack on the interstate and they had to shut down lanes to do emergency repairs during rush hour.
  • Loopy -- I just realized that you got onto the mod forum!  Did LC get access too?  
  • So FI and I are driving through Jersey right now, and every traffic light is out. No one is directing traffic. This is terrifying. Mica, happy birthday to Berkeley!
  • Thanks, Cookie!
  • So for the past few months I have been reading 4 different book series, by two authors (each had two different series)...I have now finished all of the books and I don't know what to read.  :(
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-thread-if-you-have-something-to-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d51b95aa-faf6-4aca-b35e-38f20fcad62cPost:7dcf1e63-0824-44c1-8437-6ddddfe6b9e0">Re: Morning thread, if you have something to say.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning ladies - anyone still around?  My brother is in town this week, and I'm so excited to see him.  He was at the wedding two months ago, but I didn't get to talk to him much - I was far too busy talking to everyone that came.  I think we are going to go to lunch once my sister gets off work, and H gets back from the doctor.  <strong>Which means I need to get in the shower, but I'm lazy and don't want to do that.</strong>
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]

<div>Confession:  I hate to shower.  If I could magically stay clean without ever having to get my hair and face wet, that would be the bomb diggety.</div>
  • Yeah, I'm okay with the showering part.  Except for getting my face wet.  I don't like getting my face wet.  It's the dealing with my  hair part.  I don't blow dry it and it is SO LONG and there is SO MUCH of it that it takes forever to dry. 
  • edited June 2012
    Re: Magic Mike. I agree with eags that it looks entertaining because it's different. I don't find any of the actors attractive but I may see it anyway. Plus I kind of disagree with the woman stripper thing because there have been several movies that already addresses them. striptease anyone?
  • Morning,

Shhh.. I'm at work, knotting. ::looks around::

Actually I'm the only one here.  I was to be at the other property, but someone forgot to leave a key, so I came over here to work.  I only have 30 minutes left, then I'm getting a 90 minute massage.  WOOHOO.  Then a pedi after that.      Then i think DH is cooking dinner for us.    Not a bad Saturday if you ask me.

Ski - I'm getting so excited for your wedding. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I dont find him attractive. Haha sorry holly but hey more for you! ; I have no idea when I'd see the movie anyway. I mostly go to movies with J and I can already guarantee that he will have no interest in that one.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-thread-if-you-have-something-to-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d51b95aa-faf6-4aca-b35e-38f20fcad62cPost:381b0122-c06a-4a36-86ce-4baa1ff8067b">Re:Morning thread, if you have something to say.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Morning thread, if you have something to say. : Mind.  Blown.   Matthew McConaughey?  Hello?  He's on my freebie list.  YUM!
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]

<div>I've seen Matthew in person.   His head is not propionate to the rest of his body.  It's strange.</div><div>
    </div><div>I don't find most actors attractive anymore.  I've met so many in person and have  gotten disappointed.  I now know the camera does wonders</div>

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I do not find Matthew McConagdkfjlsdkfjdlkfldfkd attractive at all (nor can I be bothered to check the spelling of his last name WHICH IS REALLY HARD).

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_morning-thread-if-you-have-something-to-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d51b95aa-faf6-4aca-b35e-38f20fcad62cPost:ab9d5665-55cb-4810-aa8e-b3e2e743db59">Re:Morning thread, if you have something to say.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Re: Magic Mike. I agree with eags that it looks entertaining because it's different. I don't find any of the actors attractive but I may see it anyway. Plus I kind of disagree with the woman stripper thing because there have been several movies that already addresses them. <strong>striptease anyone?</strong>
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]
    I was extremely sheltered as far as movies in my childhood. I've actually never seen Striptease.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards