Connecticut

Florist Search Continues- Reviews/Help?

My Florist research continues... After getting some general price quotes, I had to take some florists off my list since they were wayyy over my budget :(
So I've come up with a new list of people to possibly meet with.
If anyone has used or knows anything about these florists, please let me know! Any and all advice is appreciated :)

-Candi's Floral Creations (North Branford)
-Sharon Elizabeth's Floral (Berlin)
-Flowers by Danielle (Monroe)
-Jessica's Country Flowers (Burlington)
-Diane Gaudett Custom Floral Designs (Newtown)
imageAnniversary

Re: Florist Search Continues- Reviews/Help?

• kate1030kate1030 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jane- Just for You is highly recommended on the board. She is amazing to work with and really works within your budget! I am excited to have her do my wedding and happy I took everyones advice! She is amazing :)
  • Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_florist-search-continues-reviewshelp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:fc8771bc-b263-48e7-a23f-7a6e3e0bd8b4Post:b6717408-79a7-4a85-af58-bdfc07de5235">Re: Florist Search Continues- Reviews/Help?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jane- Just for You is highly recommended on the board. She is amazing to work with and really works within your budget! I am excited to have her do my wedding and happy I took everyones advice! She is amazing :)
    Posted by kate1030[/QUOTE]
    Ditto!!!!
  • ktanddevangktanddevang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just to let you know, Jessica's Country Flowers requires that you pay at least 4,000 for your flowers in order for them to do your wedding. I am not sure how much you are looking to spend, but that is what they told me when I emailed them about my wedding. Sharon Elizabeth's is very nice, I looked at them as well, but I ultimately went with Jane at Just for You because I felt like I had the best connection with her. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_florist-search-continues-reviewshelp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:fc8771bc-b263-48e7-a23f-7a6e3e0bd8b4Post:5cb37f2c-101f-4fb3-aded-ab33c0ba90c6">Re: Florist Search Continues- Reviews/Help?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just to let you know, Jessica's Country Flowers requires that you pay at least 4,000 for your flowers in order for them to do your wedding. I am not sure how much you are looking to spend, but that is what they told me when I emailed them about my wedding. Sharon Elizabeth's is very nice, I looked at them as well, but I ultimately went with Jane at Just for You because I felt like I had the best connection with her. 
    Posted by ktanddevang[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that. When I e-mailed them, they just gave me very vague answers. I'm willing to pay around $3500, but thats the very max and I'd prefer lower- so I guess Jessica's Country flowers is out.  Thanks for letting me know!
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Always Blooming in Plainville is who we're booking with this week! Diane there came up with some very pretty and creative ideas for our wedding and was VERY reasonable in price. They were also very helpful and willing to work around our budget. Delivery fee is very cheap too. Some places I called wanted 25% of the total price as a delivery charge!! (crazy, IMHO)
  • blipsettprblipsettpr member
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend Jane at Just for You. Depending on what you are looking for she can definitely come within your budget. I have over 30 tables with large centerpieces and she was under $3500 including all the bouquets, corsages, etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • klm03013klm03013 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know this wasn't on your list, but we are getting a great deal at Beachwood in Milford. They were very knowledgeable and their work is gorgeous! They would definitely be in your price range.
  • tannymcgeetannymcgee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Michelle from Innovative Floral and Event Design.  She is a full time event florist so is really attentive and will work with any budget.  I have also heard really good things about Jessica's Country Flowers.

oops edit,Just noticed the other posts about the prices at Jessica's.
    Married 4/30/11
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ditto for Jane!!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely contact Melissa at Stylish Blooms!! She only does wedding/event flowers, so she is able to give each of her events all of her attention (compared to a regular florist who also has a store to run). She is extremely reasonable in her cost. She is very respectful of budgets, and will do her best to offer lots of options to keep your flowers beautiful and in your price range. She's definitely my favorite vendor so far.
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Melissa stylish blooms. She was awesome to work with and very very reasonably priced. She does great work.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • edited December 2011
    Another rec for Beachwood here! The owner is so nice, the arrangements are beautiful, and very very reasonably priced.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I just met with and booked Jane at Just for You.  SO NICE!  As everyone as said, she is willing to go through and explain flowers that will come in at different prices so you can stay in your budget.  She is great!
    Anniversary
  • sarahleeskisarahleeski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also using Melissa with Stylish Blooms! She made us feel so comfortable and will work with any budget! She has been so helpful :)
  • mlprck27mlprck27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another vote for Jane at Just for you! She is very friendly and was willing to educate me on all of the available "budget" friendly flowers in the colors I was looking for since my fav calla can be pricey.  She quoted me bouquets all the way from $75 down to $35.  She's very budget friendly and willing to help you stay in ur budget whereas some places head you in the spend more direction. 

I'm also using Jessica from Flora Flora out of Mystic for our centerpieces.  Since my fiance wanted live fish in them and she was the only florist who didn't tell me I'd have dead fish at our reception and was willing to work with them and handle that end all herself.  She is extremely nice and also very budget friendly.  ttp://www.florafloradesigns.com/florafloradesigns/Home.html

GL
  • edited December 2011
    Another vote for Melissa! She has fresh ideas and is really a wonderful person. She took her time to really find out what look I was going for and was full of suggestions and ideas when I met her for my consultation. Her presentation even impressed my Mom, which is hard to do! lol Check her out www.stylishblooms.com she's on Facebook too. In fact I'm talking to her now about the Knicks finally getting Carmelo Anthony! YES!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_florist-search-continues-reviewshelp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:fc8771bc-b263-48e7-a23f-7a6e3e0bd8b4Post:b6717408-79a7-4a85-af58-bdfc07de5235">Re: Florist Search Continues- Reviews/Help?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jane- Just for You is highly recommended on the board. She is amazing to work with and really works within your budget! I am excited to have her do my wedding and happy I took everyones advice! She is amazing :)
    Posted by kate1030[/QUOTE]

Ditto to Jane! Love her!
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • LaurenDarlingLaurenDarling member
    edited December 2011
    Have you checked out Whisconier Florist in Brookfield? The owner there, Amelia, is an amazing person and is willing to work within your budget. Her flowers are amazing! My friend used her for her wedding in October and I've already booked her for my wedding :)
  • edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Flore in Southbury.  The owner Lori is absolutely amazing.  She knew my budget and worked with me to give me exactly what I wanted.  I also did my own centerpieces, but she provided the flowers for me, vases, arrangement supplies etc and went so far as to give me a lesson on how to arrange them and matched the wholesale prices that I found online for the flowers.  She's amazing!!! So talented!  My bouquet that she designed is actually in CT Bride magazine this spring. So beautiful!

http://www.flowersasmedicine.com/index.html

Here's a link to my bouquet on brides.com:
    http://www.brides.com/blogs/aisle-say/2010/12/the-price-of-beauty.html
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions ladies! I'll definitely be looking into them  :)
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards