July 2012 Weddings

What do you plan on doing with cash gifts?

Going off of B2B's registry post, do you guys have plans on what you'll do with the money that you get as gifts? Are you taking any of it on your honeymoon?

We have some projects we'd like to do around the house that we might use it for. Or buy some of the things that were on our registry that we didn't get.

Re: What do you plan on doing with cash gifts?

• All of the above. Buy a few items from our registry, use a bit for the honeymoon, and redo our kitchen. We'll probably set aside a bit of money for other house improvements.  It all depends on how much money we get.
  • We'll reserve a small chunk that will go towards our deck that is falling apart.  The rest is going in the bank since we drained our savings to purchase the house.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • All of it is going into savings. Every single penny. We're going to be buying a house in about 6 months so we want to maximize what's in the bank for 1) down payment and 2) furniture.

I'm actually super excited to start looking for houses!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Buying the big things I need off the registries and putting the rest into savings for renovations for the house.  It needs a lot of updates.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • We aren't going on a honeymoon till November, so we plan to use it towards plane tickets and paying off our cruise, and then we will set aside some honeymoon spending money. Maybe a new mattress set too, but then savings for the rest, all depends on how much we get :) 
  • Honeymoon, Bills, a new kitchen table maybe? 
    pregnancy calendar
  • Some will go to the honeymoon, most will be used to buy stuff off the registry, and the rest will be either savings or house projects.  We desperately need a new dishwasher so that is definitely being bought!

Anniversary
  • Any actual cash we get will most likely be spent on the honeymoon. After paying for the house rental, the Disney tickets, the Seaworld tickets, the car rental (which was only 88 dollars for 8 days due to credit card points), one plane ticket (one was free with credit card points), we're WAY short of any spending money...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • All into savings and things for a new house we will buy in the next couple months! We are not touching it for the honeymoon at all. It is the groom's responsibility to pay the honeymoon!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We're using it to buy the things we need off the registry, save for an apartment/house, and unfortunatly pay off my student loans. I have to start paying them the week after the wedding and since I'm a substitute teacher I won't see a paycheck until almost October.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have different ideas on what to use it for so we compromised and it is all going into savings. I wanted to use it for a washer and dryer for the basement so I don't have to drag laundry up two flights of stairs after we get the basement finished and move down there. He wants to use it to finish the basement.  I understand where he is coming from, but I want the washer and dryer downstairs.
    Cate Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_what-do-you-plan-on-doing-with-cash-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:c9abbdef-3a91-4c7e-b22c-55f698ce7adePost:31314384-e25d-4fce-8889-aac40812b97a">Re: What do you plan on doing with cash gifts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]All into savings and things for a new house we will buy in the next couple months! We are not touching it for the honeymoon at all. <strong>It is the groom's responsibility to pay the honeymoon!</strong>
    Posted by lvissers[/QUOTE]

<div>lol I'm sorry girl, I love you, but seriously? Isn't that a little old fashioned and close-minded? A huge majority of us are paying for most (if not all) of our weddings and HMs by ourselves (bride and groom combined). </div>
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Honeymoon first, then putting the rest in savings!
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_what-do-you-plan-on-doing-with-cash-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:c9abbdef-3a91-4c7e-b22c-55f698ce7adePost:31314384-e25d-4fce-8889-aac40812b97a">Re: What do you plan on doing with cash gifts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]All into savings and things for a new house we will buy in the next couple months! We are not touching it for the honeymoon at all. It is the groom's responsibility to pay the honeymoon!
    Posted by lvissers[/QUOTE]

Everything is 50/50 for us. So the groom being responsible to pay the honeymoon doesn't count for us.

Our money will be placed in a savings our savings account. Hopefully we will be looking for a new home next Spring.

191 Invited image 164 Are ready to party!! image 27 Are missing out image 0 Are making me wait imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Not sure yet. Put them all in the bank and decide later :)
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FI has three awesome teenagers who are with us 100% of the time so we couldn't justify a big HM without them. They go to summer camp the week after the wedding so we will have two weeks to ourselves at home. We plan to surprise them with a familymoon next February and will use part of any cash for that and save the rest.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards