Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Engagement photos

My fiance and I are getting married in the beginning of June 2012.  We were really on the fence about getting engagement pics taken to begin with and now feel like we might be running out of time to get them done.  Would it be too late if we waited to get them taken in April or even May?  I'm not a big fan of doing a winter scene and our photographer's availability is difficult to work with... I wish we took them this past summer but procrastination won this time.

Re: Engagement photos

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unless you are wanting to use E-pics for STD's, there is really no rule as to when to take them.  However, you will have alot of other wedding-related things going on 1-2 months before your wedding so you might want to take that into consideration.
  • LauraChristinLauraChristin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would ask the photographer how long after the session it will take to receive whatever product you have contracted for or intend to purchase from the photographer.
  • gymrat1279gymrat1279 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My photographer actually just posted a few on his blog that were done the weekend before the wedding and a couple days before the wedding so if you aren't using them for anything in the wedding and just want the pictures, I don't think it matters how close to the wedding you do them.
  • edited December 2011
    The point of e-pics is so that you and your fi can get comfortable in front of the camera and your photographer! That way, on the wedding day, you don't feel awkward and unsure as to how to handle them around you snapping nonstop.
    It REALLY helped us get comfy with the photographers. :) Get them done right before the wedding if you want! They are fun to have, and a great way to make sure your nerves don't get the best of you on your big day.
  • aras8609aras8609 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate the input :)
  • edited December 2011
    You should do it asap, depending on who you go with. 

They have GREAT rates and their turn over for pictures is amazing. He will usually have them to you with a week...2 the latest! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards