Kentucky-Louisville

Churches in Louisville for Ceremony

I'm from Dayton OH and planning my wedding in Louisville because it's a central point for my family. I am having soooo much trouble finding a church or ceremony location. I have reception locations- but no place for a ceremony. I'd rather not have it outside if at all possible. It would be my luck that it would rain! if anyone has any info on local Christian churches-- please let me know! thanks!

Re: Churches in Louisville for Ceremony

• Adrianne08Adrianne08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have an area of town in mind? and a size preference? or style of church? I might be able to make some suggestions if you narrow it a bit.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kysnowbirdkysnowbird member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Besaw, I wanted to have my ceremony in a church, and most of the places that I scouted out were in the Highlands (like Highland Baptist or Highland Presbyterian, or the Christ Cathedral downtown) and all of them were over $1,500 JUST for the ceremony. :-/

We lucked out because my mom is a member of a church on Brownsboro Road, and they are hosting our ceremony for a LOT less. My advice is to book a church where one of your relatives is a member.

If you're looking for just a church site, there's a beautiful little chapel called Duncan Memorial Chapel out in Oldham County. It's inexpensive and very beautiful.

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • msanders09msanders09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would also recommend Duncan but it's very small, so it really depends on your guest list size....
    There is also Caldwell Chapel at the Louisville Seminary. Beautiful place!
  • edited December 2011
    I recommend The Rock Community Church 502.961.5766 beautiful and seats 300 - 350
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards