Destination Weddings Discussions

Confession Thursday

Happy Thursday and good morning, ladies!! Secrets go here.

I confess that I want to be independently wealthy and be able to pay someone to do my hair each morning! It shouldn't take 40 minutes to do a simple up-do. Fail! haha
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Confession Thursday

• Kate - when you become independently wealthy could you please send your hairstylist over to my house after he/she does your hair? It takes me FOREVER just to dry my hair - forget about "Styling"

I confess that we waited so long to pick invites and then I was so freaked out that it was so late that we paid for rush fees. Which brings our cost close to - if not more than - what the custom lady would have been and what we decided was WAY too much money. Ah well. 

I also confess that while we set a budget and we do a lot of talking about how we want to stay within that budget none of our actual choices seem to reflect this. ha ha. We just added a string trio for ceremony / cocktail hour (they play contemporary songs arranged as orchestra pieces) FI all of a sudden wants to do these huge welcome bags and host a welcome party (with full bar and apps)

Technically, we HAVE the money to do these things but FI does only freelance work right now and while we probably could live on my salary (especially if I get that new position / promotion in June/July) it wouldn't be ideal and if we are spending a ton of money now we don't have as much of a cushion for if that happens later. hmmm. I didn't let that stop me from picking a wedding band that was more bling-y than the one that technically "matches" my e-ring. 

So I guess my confession is that I wish I was independently wealthy too?

Sorry for the book of a post.
  • I'm going to go ahead and join the "wish I was independantly wealthy" confession. 

Also, I confess that I'm barely productive, and doubt I will be for the next 11 days before we leave! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I confess that the office B***h is on my last nerves today and I am literaly ready to jump over my desk and strangle her and it's not even noon yet. She is the bosses SIL (wifes sister) no one likes her and I do believe that she thinks it is her personal responsibility to point out what everyone does wrong while sitting back and doing absolutely nothing but complain.   I think I might just leve early today.

• TerriHuggTerriHugg member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2013
    I confess that I am freaking out because the wedding is a little less than two months away and I have almost nothing done. 

I have no idea what I'm doing with my hair. 
    FI has no passport. (I keep pushing him to do it and he just takes his time.)
    Still haven't decided what I want to do for reception (i.e. private reception, or dinner cruise excursion) 
    Don't know what FMIL is wearing?
    I have no idea what music we are using for the ceremony
    I still have to figure out guest books and what I'm putting in welcome bags.

The list goes on and on

Needless to say I'm having a meltdown....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Terri, I can definitely sympathize with you. Deep breath :) Do you have a coordinator there that can help you weigh the options and pros/cons of your reception ideas?  

And really kick your FIs butt into gear for his passport! It's important that he gets to go too :-p

Good luck. Things will come together wonderfully!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Terri! Definitely yell at your FI to get his passport!! Right now the Government is claiming it only takes 4-6 weeks for standard processing but that doesn't include any transit time from the point when you submit your application or the time it takes to mail the passport to you!! I think you can pay for expedited service to get it earlier but at some point if you need it fast you have to actually go in to a passport agency office, wait in line to do it in person (I've heard the wait can be all day long in some locations) and then pay tons of extra $$ for it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://destination.weddings.com/main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_confession-thursday-104?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:a5accf4a-6e6b-4eb3-96b8-a6839855608dPost:fc8bca65-2cc2-4405-ab4e-cef0526e1c5c">Re: Confession Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Terri! Definitely yell at your FI to get his passport!! Right now the Government is claiming it only takes 4-6 weeks for standard processing but that doesn't include any transit time from the point when you submit your application or the time it takes to mail the passport to you!! I think you can pay for expedited service to get it earlier but at some point if you need it fast you have to actually go in to a passport agency office, wait in line to do it in person (I've heard the wait can be all day long in some locations) and then pay tons of extra $$ for it.
    Posted by WinoGrrl[/QUOTE]

<div>Tell me about it!!! I think it's the one thing that stresses me out the most. He just majorly slacking. I got so mad at one of his friends thats coming to the wedding cause he told FI that he got his in one week so no FI thinks he can wait to the las tminute to get it done. </div><div>
    </div><div>My plan was to get it done last week, but he got the flu and has been in bed all week. I just don't understand why he's not taking this passport thing seriously! It's driving me crazy!!! I keep nagging about it and he jus twon't budge. Otherwise, he has been fine with planning. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lissa - I hear ya on the office b! mine is an misogynistic a-hole who thinks he can treat me like his assistant bc i am 40 years younger than him and a female, even though we are in completely equivalent positions.  He also asks me the same questions every day because he is completely incompetent and has no clue what he is doing.  Ugh so annoying!

I also confess I wish I was super wealthy.  All of the extra little things are REALLY starting to add up.  I don't even know how we got to the total wedding cost we are looking at right now, and there seem to keep being more little things that come up and cost more money.  The latest is lighting.  Our hotel will provide globe lighting around the palm trees for an extra 150, but its only one strand of 9 globe lights.  We are going to have 15 round tables of 8 people each, and our wedding planner doesn't think its going to be enough light so now we are looking at spending over 500 for string lights.  500 when compared to the total wedding is nothing, but i'm so worried these things are going to keep popping up as we get closer. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited February 2013
    Terri, one of our groomsmen hasn't gotten his passport back yet and our wedding's in 2 weeks! FI kept bugging him to  go ahead and send it in, and he just kept saying "I've got plenty of time don't worry about it!" I will never understand people who procrastinate (on that kind of stuff, I procrastinate laundry and dishes ALL the time!). What's wrong with getting it done early, and then you don't have to worry about it?!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I confess I'm sad the wedding is over and now I have vacation depression !!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards