New Hampshire

Do I need to send out STD?!

So, I am having my wedding on a Friday night and trying to keep it small. Less than 60people. I am NOT inviting a good amount of my extended family, mostly cousins and their spouses, but ALL of my aunts (there are 5 of them) will be invited. I am inviting one cousin and another is in my wedding party so this leaves the others out. I feel like I should send out STD because it's a on a Friday night and a good hour away for most guests, BUT, am feeling anxious about it. I don't want it to be awkward that some people in my family got STD and others didn't and then be at afamily gathering and have it be brought up.. I know I will have to deal with that when the actual invites go out, but that will be a shorter time and not 8months of awkwardness. So now you know the back story and my question is, do you think I should still send out STD or are they really not necessary(and keep my anxiety down a bit!)     TIA!!

Re: Do I need to send out STD?!

• FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No you don't need to send out STDs. If you are having this much anxiety about it, don't do it. 
  • edited December 2011
    don't do it....an hour, in the grand scheme of things, isn't that far of a travel distance for a wedding, and if it's going to cause discontent with your family, don't do it.  if it was a destination wedding then i'd say do it--or at least get the word out so people can make arrangements--but i wouldn't do it in your case.
    4/29/12
  • mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I agree with previous posts---STD's are not that big of a deal and since the wedding is small with immediate family--they probably know the date anyway. 

Save the $$ and anxiety and just skip them all together.  If you feel you really 'want' to send them out--wait until about 4-6 months before your wedding and send them then.  (The invitations usually go out about 6-8 weeks before the wedding).  Good luck!
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    yeah I wouldn't send out STDs...you're fine without sending them! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    290image Made the Cut!!
    175image Are Ready to Party!!
    56image Are Party Poopers!!
    59image Still Checking the Calendar!!

• edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies! it's so nice to get opinions from others that aren't friends or family. I think I will save the money and myself the anxiety and not send them!!! happy planning to you all:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards