New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Vendor Reviews

ok so i figure it's about that time..........our wedding was 8/8 and here are some reviews!

Florist: Westchester Floral Decorators
A++
LOVED what they did. it was exactly what we were looking for and we couldn't have been happier. when we first met with them though i was a little weary about the situation as i wasn't sure we were going to actually get what we wanted. we had tried to meet with danny two or three times and it was canceled due to him being busy, so his mother said that she would meet with us. when we started discussing what we wanted all i basically kept hearing was "no you can't do that" or "you can't have that flower, but we will do something similar" which was a little upsetting. finally we met with danny and he said that everything we wanted was doable, and they certainly did it!

Makeup: Jill from JKFlashy
A++
What else is there to say? Jill is awesome and she did a great job. i had no issues with my make up, even standing out in the sun for 30 minutes for the ceremony sweating like a pig lol. makeup stayed perfectly in place and i only needed a lipstick touch up!

Hair: Claudine from Oggi/Adam & Eve
A++
Claudine is my usual stylist so i know how great she is. she did an amazing job on me and the girls. everyone loved their hair, and she was insanely early so that we would be done on time (she woke us up at 4:30am!!!!). love her!!!!!! she's also great for cut/color as well.

Photography: Danny Ghitis
A+
Danny was great and did a wonderful job. we just got the digital negatives this week and we loved all the pictures. we weren't huge fans of the "staged" shots but we did a few and they actually came out great.

Venue: Surf Club
A+++
What an amazing day they put on for us! the space was beautiful as expected and the staff was just wonderful. the food was amazing, everyone loved it. our maitre d' was great, he took care of everyone and everything amazingly fast. example: the fire alarm actually went off in the middle of the reception. he turned it off so quick that a few people thought that the DJ had put on strobe lights for a minute lol. i can't say enough great things about the venue. the set everything up exactly how we wanted it, and we just had a great time. the bartenders were awesome too haha!

DJ: Jamie from Dancetime
A++
Jamie was great! he kept the party going but wasn't over bearing in the talking or getting in people's faces. he played wonderful music, exactly what we and our guests wanted to hear. he pronounced everyone's names correctly and was just great.

Wedding Planner: Jacqueline Vasquez from Lifetime Events by Jacqueline
A+++
Jacqueline helped us with some of the planning as well as DOC. Her and her husband took care of all the day of things. she came to my suite and got us girls going while Daryl went to the boys room and made sure that they were up and getting ready. also Daryl did some getting ready shots of the boys which was really nice as it's something that usually the bride doesn't get to see. both of them were amazing and made sure that any issues were handled quickly and without us knowing, which is exactly what we wanted. the day was perfect and jackie was a huge part of that!

Limo: Silverstar
A+
Overall i was very pleased with silverstar. we used them for a number of things for the wedding, not just for the day of for us. we had a car pick up DH's grandmother and uncle in NJ and drop them off, and we also had them drop us off and pick up from the airport for the honeymoon. overall the service was wonderful. the only complaint that we have is that when we were picked up after the reception we were supposed to have a 15 person expedition, and there's no way that the limo that showed up was a 15 person car. we were all basically sitting on each other. but we made it work and whatever, we got there lol. all the drivers that we had were great and very nice and professional. we will be using them again.

Reverand: Father Richard Hasselbach
A++
Father Rich is just awesome. what a wonderful person he is. he's such a nice person and truly cares about people. he did a beautiful ceremony, numerous people commented on how lovely it was. he kept the sermon shot and interesting and people loved it. he even through in a few jokes and handled any unpredictable event easily (like the flowers slipping off the top of the gazebo!)

Harp and cellist: Joy Playsted (harp) Nancy Hambelton (cello)
A+
both of these wonderful women did a beautiful job with the music. they did the ceremony as well as the cocktail hour. it was very beautiful and they played exactly what we asked them too. they were open to more modern music if that's what we were interested in as well, but we went more traditional. it was a lovely addition to the ceremony and a great backdrop for cocktail hour.

hotel: crowne plaza in white plains
A+
there was construction going on that the time but it wasn't too intrusive. the staff was great and very friendly. they had breakfast at our rooms even earlier than it was requested, and the set up was very nice. the food was great too. when we got back from the reception we found a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in our room, which was a nice touch. overall they were great to work with and were very helpful for all our guests.

i think that about covers everyone. overall we had a great day with great vendors that executed everything perfectly. we had very few issues and those issues we did have were taken care of quickly. we couldn't really be happier!

Re: Vendor Reviews

• Options
    edited December 2011
    so glad you day went so well!!!!!!1
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on an amazing wedding day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats- I got to get going on my reviews!  Similar limo experience to gripe about with my limo company
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is awesome that you had all A ratings! Congrats! I was wondering if you could tell me what you paid for the live musicians for ceremony and cocktail. I was hoping to do something very similar.

Also I have heard about Jill so much on here. Do you remember what her prices are as well regarding trial and day of?

Thanks for you help and for taking the time to put up the reviews they are so valuable!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    kdegraw - the musicians were i think 750 for both the ceremony and cocktail hour. jill was 200 for makeup, which included one trial, and i think it was $50 for a second trial.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards