Honeymoon Discussions
Options

St. Thomas Reviews and/or recomendations would be appriciated!

The FI and I will be honeymooning there Nov 22 - 28 and need ideas. We're staying that the Wydyham and it seems to be getting mixed reviews - so any info or ideas would be greatly appriciated!

Anyone else going there as well?

Re: St. Thomas Reviews and/or recomendations would be appriciated!

• Options
    I went to St Thomas as a stop on our cruise and took an excursion to St John for a day. I highly recommend seeing St John and doing a tour, it was fantastic and the beaches are gorgeous.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    We love Coki Beach! It had fabulous snorkeling! While you are there you should prob. visit Megan's Bay. We liked it but thought it was a little over rated. A day trip to St. John as pp mentioned is also nice! We went to Trunk Bay in St. John and it was gorgeous. Havensight in St Thomas has a ton of shopping - it's really wonderful! You are going to have a blast!

• Options
    We'll be there for a day at the end of September. When I was planning our trip I found all these cool snorkel tours on private sailboats.  They include drinks, lunch and appetizers and 7 hours of snorkeling in multiple locations and you're only with 4 other guests max besides you and your FI.  We're going out on Island Girl but if that one is booked you can check out The Jester or Rumbaba or Captain Max.  Just google one of those names + St. Thomas and you should find their website easily.  We're actually going on the half day sail and we have the boat to ourselves!  I'm very excited!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i HIGHLY prefer st john over St T but since you've already booked that's that.
    i stayed at wyndham. i didn't hate it, but didn't love it either. the beach left a lot to be desired. one great thing is that it's close to red hook-where you get the better ferry (there are 2 from st thomas to st john-red hook and charlotte amalie) to st john. dont worry about doing a tour. get a book of the usvi before you go. tak the ferry over to st john and cab it to a beach. cinnamon and honeymoon bay are much nicer and quieter than trunk bay, imo. i agree with belle-megans bay is very over-rated. i didn't understand the draw. dinner at blackbeards on st thomas at sunset is lovely. the shopping-eh-it's pretty good price wise but go early (before cruse shippers arrive) or later) when they leave) to avoid crowds. the ships stop every day. i also suggest taking the ferry to one of the bvi. you'll need a passport for that. google usvi ferry and you'll see the scheduls from st thomas (red hook) to everywhere.

• Options
    Magens Bay is lovely. Trunk Bay is A MUST. There is this fun bar place called the "love shack" (I believe...its near the the ferry to St. John) There is a brand new shopping area with high end stores.

You may want to look into the Marriott at Morning Star Beach...

http://gopackandtravel.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Coki beach is a really nice secluded beach that is a little off the beaten path.  Magens's Bay is touristy but would still be worth checking out.  The natives are really friendly and will help point you in the right direction.

I agree with the others regarding St. John.  It's better than St. T but is just a boat ride away!

Either way you look at it the Caribbean is beautiful and you will have a blast!!
  • Options
    Coki Beach is excellent! We spent the whole day there.... and loved every minute. We had our own snorkeling gear and had a great time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards