New Jersey - South
Options

Photographer pricing. Your photographer suggestion?

Hello all :) Was engaged 3 weeks ago and this is my first post. Just loving the planning process!!!! So I have been doing some research on photographers. It seems like each photographer gives a different package and there is no standard! I like the "photojournalism" type photos and have booked some appointments to meet with some photographers. My question is, what's a good price and what's a good package. So far I talked to one photographer that is $5500 but that includes an engagement shoot, engagement photo book, a 60 page wedding book and 2 40 page parents book along with a DVD with all photos. Also, do you have a photographer that is amazing?? I love referrals!! Thanks everyone!!!!

Re: Photographer pricing. Your photographer suggestion?

• Options
    Your package sounds like a good one, considering all you are getting, but does that also include a 2nd shooter.  I feel you get much better coverage of the day, if you have a 2nd shooter.

I used Sarah Miller.  She does fantastic work!  She literally disappears into the back ground and you don't know shes there, but yet you get a huge amount of great pics.  Her 2nd shooter, Patience, is also great!  Her website is www.sarahmillerphotography.com.  She is really nice, chill type of person.  My friend had found Sarah for her wedding 5 years ago and in all the weddings I had been in since, Sarah was always the one photographer that I kept saying to myself, I would so use her when I get married.
  • Options
    That is WAY too expensive!! There is no need in this day and age to buy photo albums from the photographer, who can charge was much as $2000!!!!! dollars for ONE album when you can easily go on snapfish, shutterfly, or any photo printing website and design your own album for anywhere between $25-$300, and there are ALWAYS sales on photo books, snapfish just had a buy one photo book, get two free sale. 

My friend printed her album from shutterfly for $150, it's GORGEOUS, has a soft cover and each page has great quality images. I plan on doing the same. Most photographers don't even offer photo albums anymore because the younger generations don't need them and prefer to do it themselves.

My photog cost $2400 for the entire day and that included the engagement shoot and DVD of all the photos. His name is Ryan Sands. Don't let the photog scam you into thinking you're getting a good deal because it costs them less than $100 to make each of those books they're charging you about $3000 for. Honestly in south jersey, that's the highest price I've even seen. Paula Cella costs about that. Do more research, a lot more research, and you'll find better prices.

If I hadn't had my photographer, I'd recommend Tami Melissa or Kay English. Kay english was more than I could afford but WOW her photos are incredible. They're both on facebook. 
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That sounds a bit pricey to me.  I'm going with Jillian Kathryn Photography, and although I got her cheapest package, I think her most expensive one which included all that stuff without the parent albums, is $3300 and then to add on the parent albums, I think you would still come in under $4000.  I also second Tami Melissa photography, too expensive for my budget but I loved her pictures!  
  • Options
    I used Christina Rose for my wedding on Saturday-she was incredibly professional, sweet, and very affordable. We had her for 8 hours and paid $1200. The guests at my wedding kept commenting how unobtrusive she was, you barely knew she was there and yet she managed to get some of the best and funniest shots of the night. I can't wait to see our formals, I highly recommend her.

http://www.christinarosephotography.com/
  • Options
    We are using Tami Melissa Photography. It is Tami and her husband Ryan, they are so friendly and make the process much easier. On top of that their prices are awesome and its not for a set amount of hours, they are unlimited and offer a free engagement session. You need to check them out they are fabulous!
  • Options
    Check out MLE Pictures, we used them.  Affordable, fun, and the pictures were gorgeous. There is a huge difference in "Shutterfly books" and Professionally Printed Albums which are not available to the public for a reason.
  • Options
    BeckyDee8BeckyDee8 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2013
    My fiance and I are seriously considering Ray Tomaro photography. His work is decent and you get an unbelievable amount of product and service for a very good price. I found out about him through NJWedding.com and recieved an email shortly after. This is a quote from his email:
    "We are a group of professional photographers who are passionate of our product delivery as well as our relationship with our clients. 

Our packages are very competitive and a full package starts at $2450.00 with:

2 Photographers

1 10x10 20-Pages Premium Main Album

10-Hours Coverage (Preparation-Ceremony-Reception)

Unlimited Pictures

3 8x10 Premium Metallic Prints (Client’s Choice)

3 5x7 Premium Metallic Prints (Smaller Version of 8x10)

1 Cased DVD with Hi-Resolution JPGs – Unrestricted (Colored and B&W Version – All Captured)

+

1 Hour On-Location Engagement Shoot

1 Cased DVD with Hi-Resolution JPGs – Unrestricted (Colored and B&W Version – All Captured)

1 8x8 14-Pages Custom Designed Book (Choice of Coffee Table or  Guest Sign-In)

BUT WAIT!!! If you book before February 1, 2013, we will add a 16x20 Canvas (Photo from Wedding). OFFER ENDS-January 31, 2013 and Down Payment is required to Save the Date."

The website is http://www.raytomaro.com

Hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards