Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

wedding march?

hi...im not really "hardcore planning" my wedding...i have been engaged for a while..but we havent set a date yet...and i am just trying to get smaller details out of the way first.  i know that i dont want a super "traditional" ceremony.  my question is...i need ideas for a song to walk down the aisle to...im not big on the simple wedding march.  i was wondering what songs other people had in mind.

thanks!

Re: wedding march?

• You could use an instrumental version of a song that means a lot to you and your FI.  Since you haven't even set a date yet, I wouldn't fret about about a song just yet.  To be honest, my advice is to get bigger details (date and venue) done first.  The little stuff will come to you throughout the planning process.  Good luck!
    Visit The Nest! image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I don't think I've ever been to a wedding that they actually used the wedding march. Cannon in D is very popular. I think I've decided I'm walking down to "Marry Me" by Train. I also love Vitamin String Quartet. They take popular songs and make them a beautiful instrumental song. I'm obsessed with them. 
    imageNovember Board Siggy - The Venue!
    Photobucket
    The Great Hall at Sunriver Resort, Sunriver, Oregon
    243 Invited image
    172 Can't wait image
    71 Are missing out image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Depending on who you are hiring as your ceremony musicians. I'm a violinist and own a music entertainment business. People walk down to anything. I've played a couple wedding march, lots of Canon in D (known as the infatigable by our musicians). There are others such as Vivaldi Winter (slow movement), Rondeau by Mouret, Jesu Joy of Man's desiring, Ungar's The lover's waltz...etc. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Vitamin string quartet has a lot of great songs! I am walking down the aisle to their version of edwin mccains I'll be
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards