Florida-South Florida

Please help! Newly engaged and new to the area - looking for a venue

Hello all!  I got engaged last month (woot!) and a week after getting engaged, I moved from NYC to Delray Beach.  I don't know the area very well so I would love any venue recommendations if anything comes to mind! 

Here are my thoughts so far... 
Area: South Florida - Anywhere from West Palm to Miami 
Budget: Max $120 a plate (but would like to be under that) 
Menu: Going for formal comfort food so I'm looking for a venue that already covers that or is willing to adjust their menu. 

This will be a vintage/rustic wedding so I would love an offbeat venue but one established enough that I don't have to work with too many vendors. 

Thanks in advance! 

Re: Please help! Newly engaged and new to the area - looking for a venue

• Congratulations! Welcome to South Florida! I love your concept, and you're going to have a lot of options here in South Florida. I'll be honest, I don't know if everything on my list falls in your price range (or guest list- make sure you know that too to make sure it will have enough space. You never know who will come). For a rustic/vintage wedding, my first thoughts include:
    ~Sundy House (Delray)
    ~Bonnet House (Ft. Lauderdale)
    ~Old Davie School (Davie/Ft. Lauderdale)
    ~The Addison (Boca)
    ~Coco Plum Women's Club (Coral Gables)
    ~Harriet Himmel Theater at City Place (West Palm)
    ~Thalatta Estate (Palmetto Bay)
    ~Spanish River Library (Boca)
    ~Cauley Square (Miami)
    ~The New River Inn (downtown Ft. Lauderdale)
    Also, check through this section of theknot for some more ideas on possible venues: http://www.theknot.com/Vendors/South-Florida-Wedding-Venues/Profiles/CAR/065 Keep in mind that list isn't comprehensive (a couple places I recommended are not on there). Make sure you check out more venues via the Wedding Wire, they'll have additional suggestions plus reviews from couples that have used that venues services and what their experience was like (super helpful for a real picture of their quality, etc.).
  • edited September 2012
    Congrats and welcome to the board! :D

To piggy back on Laura's suggestions, here are some more:
    - Miami Beach Botanical Garden
    - Women's Club in Coconut Grove
    - Pinecrest Gardens
    - The Curtiss Mansion
    - Comber Hall
    - Villa 221
    - Coral Gables Country Club (The Atrium)
    - Casa Reta

Good choices are the Bonnet House (catering might be a bit pricey), The Addison, Curtiss Mansion, Comber Hall, Women's Club in Coconut Grove, Spanish River Library, CocoPlum, Thallatta Estate, and Cauley Square.
  • For a rustic feel, you should look at Boyton Beach Women's Club and the old school square in Delray.
    SoFla September Siggy - Hair Inspiration imageimage
  • Thanks all! Really helpful and I'm going to start scheduling appointments now :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards