North Carolina

HELP!! cant find a place within my budget

looking for a venue to hold both ceremony and recption.looking to do ceremony outside in a garden type area.and have reception inside.but im having trouble finding something in my budget which is about 4,000 for the ENTIRE wedding!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: HELP!! cant find a place within my budget

• How many people do you plan to invite/accommodate?  What area are you in?  

Some ways to keep the costs down included having the wedding at an earlier in the day time.  If you don't hold your wedding at a typical meal time, you aren't expected to serve a meal.  It's fine to have a 2pm wedding and serve cake and punch, for example.  

I liked the budgeter on Wedding Wire better than the knot one.  You could enter in your total budget, and play around with the line items.  (Don't need a videographer? Take it out.  Already got a steal on your dress? Move that $$ to another line.) Etc. 

For locations, I'd just start Googling "public garden" and your location and seeing what you come up with. 
  • What part of NC are you looking in? How many guests are you wanting to have? What time of the year are you thinking of having your wedding?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I would check out a local park. I don't know what area you are looking at but I looked at some parks through Raleigh Parks and Rec. I found them to be very budget friendly.
    ~Kaitlyn~
    Anniversary
    My Chart
    DX PCOS 2002 @ age 14
    DX Diabetes 3/12
    My Diabetes Blog
    TTA until ?
  • im in the charlotte area and looking around 120 people.its going to be in october and were looking to do an afternoon wedding with a dessert reception.but it doesnt have to be directly in the charlotte area im willing to go about 30-40mins away if the price is right.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Check out the Dairy Barn in Fort Mill, SC. The have out door areas that are pretty reasonable.
  • edited February 2012
    try botanical gardens.... just do a search on botanical gardens in your area.. They are pretty cheap. i've even seen some that are like only 500 bucks. I'm on a very similar budget. They are really nice but a garden theme wasnt exactly what i had i mind but its my back up plan if all else fails.
  • Our Venue is Morrow Mountain state park in Albemarle NC, maybe a lil more than 30 mins away. You can rent the lodge for less than 200/day. The onlu drawback is no alcohol. It is beautiful and there is room for the ceremony in the lodge in case of rain. We are only renting for sat b/c some of my bridesmaids live far away and didnt want to pay an extra 200 for a few hrs Fri.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Also you can rent Copperhead island at Mcdowell park for cheap. i dont remember they have a nice shelter area too. Look on Mec co park and rec.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards