Florida-North Florida

*Unique* Reception space in Jacksonville.

I'm trying to find a unique and reasonably priced ( no more than $500 to $600) venue that will allow you to self-cater and allow you in the day/night before to decorate. We're on a smaller budget as we're paying for this ourselves and I would really appreciate any help I can get, also our all wedding guest and wedding party is going to be around 85 people max. I'm in Ohio trying to plan and book everything pretty much sight unseen except for photographs and websites. My Future mother in law mentioned something about there being a building or something on Beaver St off of Lane Ave. that's pretty reasonably priced if you want to rent it for two days.. Do any of you maybe an idea of where she's talking about? I've asked her but she's kind of absent minded with having two kids under 10, and a special needs teenager to take care of.  Thank you guys soo much!!

Re: *Unique* Reception space in Jacksonville.

• Kris092988Kris092988 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what she's talking about... but Friday Night Musicale is downtown and pretty, and I'm pretty sure it was only like $300 for the day before and day of. It's pretty, it has 2 grand piano's on stage and really pretty chandeliers, and they provided chairs and tables. They also have a ceremony location next door if you didn't want the ceremony and reception in the same room. But if you have liquor there you have to rent an off duty JSO officer. If you need more info I can probably find the contact info from when we checked there.
  • edited December 2011
    That sounds perfect! I'd love the contact info if you still have it, if not that's ok I'm sure I can find it.  Thank you so much!
  • edited December 2011
    I would contact The Glen Venue. They allow outside catering, not sure on the rest though.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Or even the Keeler Property - I would of lovedddd to do ours there, but they were booked. I'm just not sure on the pricing is all.
  • Navywife310Navywife310 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you getting married in a church down here? You might be able to see if they have a building that you could use. Our church is huge and has a building specifically designed for these types of functions. So maybe your church does, too. Also you might want to check out any city owned buildings or parks. They might have a room or pavillion you could rent out. UNF might also have a small building or room you might be able to use. Sorry this is so long, I just wanted to give you some more ideas. Good luck in your search!!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow,so all these places people have suggested are way way way outside my price range. seriously 850 for 8 hrs for a place that doesn't provide food, or decorations or anything??? You guys have been helpful but you guys all must have more money than  I do or have people helping you pay for this or something. I don't see how anyone can afford to get married in Jacksonville. Looks like it'll be a wedding with no reception for me.  Thank you guys for the suggestions though.

Although I do really like the using a church's auditorium or something but sadly we're not getting married at a church but at San Marco Preservation Hall. I may still check out city owned buildings and parks.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree Jacksonville is outrageously over priced - I really stressed over it for the first month, in fact cried over it.
    I'm sure you will find the perfect place and I will keep my eyes open and peeled for you. I'm looking for a rehersal place now for my FMIL so if I run by anything that has a low price tag I will let you know.
  • bdale28bdale28 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I  understand your problem I'm still searching for my reception venue also. I have run across the Arlington Womens Club which is cheap. I haven't called to get quotes on other places but I am going to check into the moose lodge or something similar to that. The Jacksonville Fire Rescue memorial building is OK but not worth the money.
  • edited December 2011
    I would look into Crosswater Hall at Nocatee. it is located in Ponte Vedra. It is $600 to rent for 4 hours but they will allow you in the reception site as early as 8 am to setup.  I am getting married there and love it because it is very new site.
  • MrsOneBeeMrsOneBee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest looking into The Cobalt Moon Water Studio in Neptune Beach. They have prices posted on their site - www.Cobaltmooncenter.com. Depending on the wedding date, you may be able to get in earlier in the day to set up. They do dance classes and such, so it would depend on their scheduled events.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards