Flowers

Plastic vases?

My reception is outdoors and the venue hosts a day camp during the week, so we can't have any glass at our event. I'm trying to find plastic vases, terra cotta pots, or shiny galvanized pails for the centerpieces, but I'm having trouble find any that are nice looking and relatively inexpensive.
Does anyone have experience with this? I'm still in the early stages of thinking about centerpieces, but I like the idea of potted plants that guests can take home as another favor. My original idea, before the glass ban, was to have gerbera daisy blooms floating in a flower bowl with a few rose petals. I've seen that at two weddings and both times they have been beautiful. If there is such a thing as a clear plastic flower bowl, that would be the dream centerpiece.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Plastic vases?

• Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might look for something in acrylic or lucite serving bowls or vases.  Or party supply stores, or Garden Ridge might have those plastic pieces that look like cut glass.
  • Cray.anitaCray.anita member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

All of our local florists carry very nice plastic vases.  They do this because both of our local hospitals have large psychiatric wards and the patients on those floors are not allowed to have glass vases (I work at the hospital).  So you may want to try a florist.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards