Flowers

Any experience with Sam's Club Hydrangeas

I was wondering if anyone has ordered Hydrangeas in bulk from Sam's club.  I'm planning on ordering them for my centerpieces and would like to know if anyone had a good or bad experience with them.  Also, if you used the jumbo hydrangeas, how many did it take to fill a centerpiece?
BFP 3/17/12 EDD 11/23/12 m/c 3/30/12 6 wks BFP 12/5/12 EDD 8/10/13

Re: Any experience with Sam's Club Hydrangeas

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A girl on my local just posted her review of them and gave them a B.  She ordered white ones and said they never really perked up even after following all the instructions.  I saw her pics and thought they looked nice, although she decided to add some extra roses she had to them to make them look fuller.
  • edited December 2011
    The trick for hydrangeas is hydration ( as in the name>>> hydration, water,...) 

When you get them take all plastic off and cut the stems and put them in deep HOT water to hydrate them.  They will drink heavily and be gorgeous in about a day and a half... then arrange them into lukewarm water and let them cool down. 

Trust me...I know exactly what i am talking about... I usually get the flowers in about 5 days prior to the wedding and they are perfection.... 

Lots of warm deep water.... easy beans. 

whererver they come from, this will be the best care for them, 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards