Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

F-F-F-Friday!

Woo!  It's just another day of the week for me, but hey!  I got my H back, so that's a bonus!  We had a lightning storm roll through last night, and it looks like it's going to keep on rainging throughout the weekend.  It's weird because apparently, Sweden gets it's warmth from Russia, and they're having record breaking heat-- it just doesn't seem to be making its way here. heh.

Your plans for today/weekend?

Re: F-F-F-Friday!

• Options
    I'm here!!  I couldn't sleep in to save my life :)  I have a mani/pedi with my mom at 12:30pm, then hanging out with her for the afternoon.  I have to iron my day-of hoodie with the iron in the hotel room because I couldn't find mine at home, haha.  We have rehearsal at 6pm and then dinner at 7pm, then catching up with some OOT family.  Then I'm going to pop a Tylenol PM and get some damn sleep!
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    I'm here! Good Friday the 13th!

Anybody fear it? I think they're lucky days.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_f-f-f-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:60a5bd68-4ea5-4b39-b1a0-ce0d0c9cfef4Post:5fb61d92-4dd2-4321-a981-1be9970392d9">Re: F-F-F-Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm here!!  I couldn't sleep in to save my life :)  I have a mani/pedi with my mom at 12:30pm, then hanging out with her for the afternoon.  I have to iron my day-of hoodie with the iron in the hotel room because I couldn't find mine at home, haha.  We have rehearsal at 6pm and then dinner at 7pm, then catching up with some OOT family.  Then I'm going to pop a Tylenol PM and get some damn sleep!
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

YAY!! :D
  • Options
    Ooh! Trivia!  Why is Friday the 13th considered an unlucky day?!
  • Options
    Oh, TR, have fun today visiting with family. And congrats on tomorrow!
  • Options
    *YAWN* Good morning.

And yay, TR, it's almost here!!!  I hope you have a wonderful rehearsal evening and a beautiful wedding day tomorrow!

I got a lovely 2.5 hours of sleep last night...parents are on vacation on the Cape and my sister had to go to the ER again last night -- nothing too serious, but the medication she's on for her seizures is causing problems with her GI tract, so...that was fun.  We were in the ER until 1:30 AM, I brought her home, then drove back to my place and crashed.  FI accidentally woke me up when he left for work at 5:30 and I never fell back to sleep again.

But...yay!!!  It's FRIDAY!

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Something about people getting massacred and dropped in a square as a warning to others? I read about it in The DaVinci Code....my source for all things historical, haha.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options

Happy Friday! Plans for the rest of today: Sleep!

Plans for the weekend: Not a lot! Baby present shopping for our upcoming niece (BIL and wife just found out the sex today- it's a girl! exciting stuff) and for our friend's newborn boy. Then on Sunday we'll head down to the coast to visit said friends and newborn, and perhaps catch Nick's sister and mother for lunch if they're free. It feels weird that it's the weekend already; I work four-day weeks, but this week there was a public holiday on Wednesday, so I had last weekend off (obviously), worked Monday, had tuesday and wednesday off, and then worked yesterday and today, and now it's suddenly the weekend again. Fun!

Hope you have a great weekend!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_f-f-f-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:60a5bd68-4ea5-4b39-b1a0-ce0d0c9cfef4Post:d3d35152-766c-445e-a1b8-ba664e1a5def">Re: F-F-F-Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Something about people getting massacred and dropped in a square as a warning to others? I read about it in The DaVinci Code....my source for all things historical, haha.
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

Well, I could see how that would be unlucky and feared.
  • Options
    D'oh.  LTB, you weren't supposed to GOOGLE it!! haha
  • Options
    Writing my paper for my class, then studying for my final.  And I need to order the book for my next class, which starts a week from Monday.  Thank you Amazon Prime and your 2-day shipping!
  • Options
    I wish I'd been able to get books from Amazon when I was in college.
  • Options
    Good morning, everyone!

TR it's officially your wedding weekend!!! YAAY!!!!

I got my photo props in the mail yesterday... parasol for me and hand fans for the girls. They're awesome. I'm gaffing the color printer at work today to print my Welcome Letters & Directions for my OOT bags (shh!!), then this weekend I'm putting together the welcome bags, finishing up the BMs shoes, working on the photo slideshow, and on Sunday I'm having lunch with my parents and my MOC's to go over the day-of timeline, details, etc.

I also need to attempt to find some time to get out in the sun. My tan is fading and it's starting to piss me off. I might suck it up and go to Midnite Sun & Cruise, because it doesn't look like it's going to be sunny here tomorrow.

Yeeesh. I'm glad this is almost over. LOL!
  • Options
    Good Morning ladies!  I just got back from the BMV and it was surprisingly simple - THANK GOODNESS!  Now I'm just at work for the remainder of the day. 

This weekend is the zoo and water park with Jocelyn, I'm very excited about that.
  • Options
    Happy Friday, ladies. I'm dragging today; hit the snooze an extra time this morning, so didn't get breakfast. Running late, so my younger daughter missed the bus. That added 20 minutes to my commute, so I didn't get to stop by my school to turn my computers on before dropping older daughter off at school. Finally get here, where a child is waiting for me to finish his quiz. I totally forgot he was coming in this morning. TGIF, because if it were a Thursday I might have to shoot myself.

Weekend plans? Have to take the car in tomorrow for a recall notice at 8:00. The dealership is about 45 minutes away, so I have to get up early on a Saturday, whinewhinewhine. Sunday is church in the morning then Evensong in the afternoon. One of the pieces we are doing is a Rachmaninov setting of Ave Maria, and it is just gorgeous. I hope we can do it justice.

And congrats to you, TR!
  • Options
    My one and only shower is tomorrow and I found out 11 people are coming- which is crazy since I'm only having a 30 person wedding! 

Getting FI tux tonight and waiting to hear back on a job I interviewed for on Wednesday.... fingers crossed
  • Options
    Good luck tomorrow, TR, and have fun!

I'm seeing a few friends this weekend.  Nothing major. 
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • Options
    Good morning!
    I'm excited to get out of work because this weekend is my bachelorette party weekend! My girls got a hotel in Boston for the weekend but they won't tell me anything other than that. I know there are about 20 of us going so it's going to be a crazy one.

FYI - this posted under "Contemporary Christian Songs" on the music boards. That was weird.
  • Options
    Ha!  Love it.  Drunken party under Christian music?  FAAAABULOUS.
  • Options
    Mooorning!

I'm running 17 miles tomorrow morning and I'm scared shiitless.  Once that's over, I plan to reside on the couch all weekend and eat everything that crosses my path.  Whee!
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_f-f-f-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:60a5bd68-4ea5-4b39-b1a0-ce0d0c9cfef4Post:3bfc304a-aa11-4d1a-b7c3-a5cdae17cba2">Re: F-F-F-Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ha!  Love it.  Drunken party under Christian music?  FAAAABULOUS.
    Posted by AmoroAgain[/QUOTE]

Ha, I know out of all the posts that could happen with.
  • Options
    Good morning everyone!

HOORAY FOR TR!! Good luck tomorrow. Pictures pictures pictures!!
  • Options

Happy Friday Everyone!

TR, Congrats and have a blast this weekend!

I am flying by the seat of my pants today. I need to take my teenager shopping for school clothes. Yipee....:p

And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • Options
    Morning everyone! I'm super duper tired today. Which sucks, because after work we're making the 5 hour trip to MB and staying with a friend. Then we're waking up early and going to a wedding tomorrow at Clear Lake (a beautiful National Park) which I'm certain is just going to be spectacular (sarcasm), and then we're staying in a hotel that's $225/night. Then we're getting up Sunday and making the 7 hour trip home. The park is 2 hours from where we're going tonight. At one point I was excited for the wedding. Now? Notsomuch.
  • Options
    Oh my gosh, TR, I can't believe it's here!   Congrats--you're going to be a beautiful bride!
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    Busy-ish weekend for me, today we're supposed to go to a welcome home dinner for the new niece (yay!) and then go to a campfire for R's "cadet reunion" (lame), but I'm not feeling so hot and I have a stuffy nose so I will not be going see my niece :(.. Saturday, we're going to a play and dinner with the IL's and Sunday we're heading up to Ottawa to visit friends.

Its been a over a month after the wedding and we still haven't had a weekend to ourselves, its kind of exhausting.

okay whine over.
    image Married and Junk.
  • Options
    Awww, Leah, I hope you feel better soon so you can go see your baby niece!

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I'm doing a dance in my chair that it's finally friday.

tomorrow.... doing yoga and seeing Eat, Pray, Love with some folks from my yoga studio, hanging out, trying to hit up GAP for their sale (if I'm one of the first 50 people there, I get free black pants!)
  • Options
    Lately I've been so tired so I'm ready to get off work at 4:30 and sleep in !

Dress shopping tomorrow during day. Meeting with venue Sunday to upgrade from buffet to sit-down, need to make the change on contract.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards