Kentucky

Louisville, Ky Reception Halls

Anyone know of any reception halls that  allow longer than 4 hours and will not break your bank. Right now my MIL wants it at the church hall we are getting married at. It's my second wedding ,his first. We are paying for it all. They allow NO Alcohol and NO loud music and she wants it done at 8PM!  His family and mine are both driving in from out of town. I wanted to enjoy my eve not be I am LIVID. I live in Lexington,KY no clue on Louisville. I am moving to louisville but not till Jan. I want to stay less than 1500 for a hall thanks.
Wedding Countdown TickerVisit The Knot!

Re: Louisville, Ky Reception Halls

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky_louisville-ky-reception-halls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:86Discussion:a88df37a-7eb5-48f5-9cd6-446b2d135b30Post:86de0684-3b31-4d2b-8bb6-28d4af92fac3">Louisville, Ky Reception Halls</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anyone know of any reception halls that  allow longer than 4 hours and will not break your bank. Right now my MIL wants it at the church hall we are getting married at. It's my second wedding ,his first. We are paying for it all. They allow NO Alcohol and NO loud music and she wants it done at 8PM!  His family and mine are both driving in from out of town. I wanted to enjoy my eve not be I am LIVID. I live in Lexington,KY no clue on Louisville. I am moving to louisville but not till Jan. I want to stay less than 1500 for a hall thanks.
    Posted by JG&MD2013[/QUOTE]

Did you post in the Louisville board as well. They might be able to help you out better there.
    ?We are formed and molded by our thoughts. Those whose minds are shaped by selfless thoughts give joy when they speak or act. Joy follows them like a shadow that never leaves them.? ~ Buddha
  • aw thanks did not know they had a louisville board...
    Wedding Countdown TickerVisit The Knot!
  • Check out the Old Medical School Building at First and Chestnut.  The cost is $1500.00 but you get the room for 2 days 8 hours each.  You can rent for 1 day only at a lesser charge.  They have a full kitchen.  You can use your own caterer (even friends and family).  Another open is the Swiss Hall off of Preston.  It rents for 6 hours.  Not sure of the price.  I would NOT recommend the Mellwood Art Center.  I was originally going to get married there and lets just say they did not hold up to thier end of the contract.  I hope this helps.  Best of luck and congrats.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky_louisville-ky-reception-halls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:86Discussion:a88df37a-7eb5-48f5-9cd6-446b2d135b30Post:86de0684-3b31-4d2b-8bb6-28d4af92fac3">Louisville, Ky Reception Halls</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anyone know of any reception halls that  allow longer than 4 hours and will not break your bank. Right now my MIL wants it at the church hall we are getting married at. It's my second wedding ,his first. We are paying for it all. They allow NO Alcohol and NO loud music and she wants it done at 8PM!  His family and mine are both driving in from out of town. I wanted to enjoy my eve not be I am LIVID. I live in Lexington,KY no clue on Louisville. I am moving to louisville but not till Jan. I want to stay less than 1500 for a hall thanks.
    Posted by JG&MD2013[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards