Snarky Brides

AYG

12346»

Re: AYG

• Poli I guess if I noticed you posting more in general rather than only about yourself, I wouldnt bring it up.

Before you got married you only posted about your wedding dilemmas multiple times per day, then it was about your move to San Fran, then the whole modeling thing, now your job.  You doesn't ever seem to be around if it's not about you.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-28?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:901acefe-4220-44e0-9f8f-64dc621c9168Post:c9c8da1d-e02e-4c12-891d-58dba974fe16">Re:AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:AYG:I've said that I'm an idealist and that I believe in peace, but that's not the same thing as being a pacifist.
    Posted by polichik[/QUOTE]

Idealist, peace, non-confrontational, hippie, whatever.  Same thing.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Poli, I have to side with Blue on this one. And I remember you calling yourself a pacifist too, I swear. I'm too lazy to google it right now though.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-28?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:901acefe-4220-44e0-9f8f-64dc621c9168Post:ecb94c70-3414-4de5-9cd2-0e515f6ce252">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is not TK related but I have to biitch.  The chiller for the building is down.  They were caught off guard and it will take a few days for it to ramp up again.  Thanks, now I am suffering from heat stroke while sitting at my bench/desk.  We don't have windows... it being a lab and all so tomorrow will suck ballz.  It's going to be in the 80s last I heard.  I'm thinking of bringing in a crap tastic box fan I have lying around to at least get some circulation going.  
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

I brought Kieran today to particpate in a research study today at a lab affiliated with Children's Hospital, and  they had the same issue with the cooling. Holy cookies, it was hot in there. I feel bad for you! Do you have access to ice cream?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-28?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:901acefe-4220-44e0-9f8f-64dc621c9168Post:dac09589-cb03-4605-ada1-61d93e093321">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : I brought Kieran today to particpate in a research study today at a lab affiliated with Children's Hospital, and  they had the same issue with the cooling. Holy cookies, it was hot in there. I feel bad for you! Do you have access to ice cream?
    Posted by allisong23[/QUOTE]

<div>If I head towards Boylston I can get some ;)  </div><div>
    </div><div>Seriously, this blows.  Actually if blowing of air was involved this would be awesome.  They are predicting tomorrow to be worse and I'm guessing beach attire is not lab appropriate.</div>
  • Funny Confession Ecard: Once you hate someone everything they do is offensive. 'Look at this bitch eating those crackers like she owns the place'.

sorry but this cracks me up and I find it oddly appropriate to some of the conversations going on here.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-28?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:901acefe-4220-44e0-9f8f-64dc621c9168Post:7ae4d8f0-d7aa-4b3a-9245-2881a00cf2bd">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]sorry but this cracks me up and I find it oddly appropriate to some of the conversations going on here.
    Posted by calixtine[/QUOTE]

<div>I own everything everywhere.  Winning.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-28?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:901acefe-4220-44e0-9f8f-64dc621c9168Post:8c307130-4dde-46a7-a142-8f181c2bce64">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : If I head towards Boylston I can get some ;)   Seriously, this blows.  Actually if blowing of air was involved this would be awesome.  They are predicting tomorrow to be worse and I'm guessing beach attire is not lab appropriate.
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

I went to JP Licks after it was done to reward myself. Of course, Kieran did all the work, and he couldn't have any. If I knew you were boiling, mI could have brought you some too!

Hey, speaking of ice cream, we should have a Boston SB GTG at Scooper Bowl this year!
    <a href="http://www.jimmyfund.org/eve/event/scooper-bowl/default.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.jimmyfund.org/eve/event/scooper-bowl/default.html</a>
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-28?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:901acefe-4220-44e0-9f8f-64dc621c9168Post:308464a9-efda-42a3-8424-7c2596d30d19">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : I went to JP Licks after it was done to reward myself. Of course, Kieran did all the work, and he couldn't have any. If I knew you were boiling, mI could have brought you some too! Hey, speaking of ice cream, we should have a Boston SB GTG at Scooper Bowl this year! <a href="http://www.jimmyfund.org/eve/event/scooper-bowl/default.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.jimmyfund.org/eve/event/scooper-bowl/default.html</a>
    Posted by allisong23[/QUOTE]

<div>Yum!</div><div>
    </div><div>A bunch of my CWs went to the Scooper Bowl last year, I heard it was fun!  With that, I'm going to run and catch a train and NOT use the TK mobile site because it blows.  </div>
  • In Response to Re:AYG:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:AYG:In Response to Re:AYG:I've said that I'm an idealist and that I believe in peace, but that's not the same thing as being a pacifist.Posted by polichikIdealist, peace, nonconfrontational, hippie, whatever.nbsp; Same thing. Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]Well, there's a difference to me, and it's a significant one. Steph, I'm sure you're right that I've talked about pacifism before, but that's not what I consider myself. Even if I did, that doesn't extend to things like AYG. People have the right to say what pisses them off.

Blue, you can feel however you want to feel about me, but I believe that I post often offering others advice or asking how people are doing because I care about them. If you think I'm self absorbed, that's fine. But I get the impression that you're quick to interpret pretty much anything I do in that way instead of giving me the benefit of the doubt. If I start a thread and then don't reply right away, it must be because I'm a selfish AW and not possibly because my job only allows me to post in bursts or because I got a phone call. I just feel like I can't win with you. It's not the end of the world, but it just baffles me.
  • I rarely see you shoot the shiit with people here.  Lately, the last few months or so, its been just about you.  Maybe I wouldnt notice it if you did in fact interact with people more.  *shrug*  But like I said, its mainly been you talking about yourself. 

I feel like *we* know more about you, your old job woes, your new job, etc, than you know about any of us.  Thats what makes me think its self absorbsion. 

Either way I dont care.  Ive put far too much energy into explaining something that doesnt really affect me.  Giving you the benefit of the doubt was watching you do it for months and not saying anything about it until now.  And Im not the only one who noticed it/said anything.

And i dont get why you are trying to win with me.  I didnt say I dont like you, I didnt say you should go away.  If fact I said I like you just fine.  I just noticed something that bugged me, said it in an appropriate thread, end of story.  I dont get why its a big deal.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-28?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:901acefe-4220-44e0-9f8f-64dc621c9168Post:9ab2b8ae-d75c-44b7-8e30-6ce0d57b72dd">Re:AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:AYG:Well, there's a difference to me, and it's a significant one. Steph, I'm sure you're right that I've talked about pacifism before, but that's not what I consider myself. Even if I did, that doesn't extend to things like AYG. People have the right to say what pisses them off. Blue, you can feel however you want to feel about me, but I believe that I post often offering others advice or asking how people are doing because I care about them. If you think I'm self absorbed, that's fine. But I get the impression that you're quick to interpret pretty much anything I do in that way instead of giving me the benefit of the doubt. If I start a thread and then don't reply right away, it must be because I'm a selfish AW and not possibly because my job only allows me to post in bursts or because I got a phone call. I just feel like I can't win with you. It's not the end of the world, but it just baffles me.
    If you cared as much as you claim to, wouldnt you spend more time interacting on a regular basis instead of swooping in with "hey whats new how is everyone" threads cause it had been so long since you last posted? Its sorta like youre pulling a ciara, where you only post about your own drama and then peace out.
  • In Response to Re:AYG:[QUOTE]I rarely see you shoot the shiit with people here.nbsp; Lately, the last few months or so, its been just about you.nbsp; Maybe I wouldnt notice it if you did in fact interact with people more.nbsp; shrugnbsp; But like I said, its mainly been you talking about yourself.nbsp; I feel like we know more about you, your old job woes, your new job, etc, than you know about any of us.nbsp; Thats what makes me think its self absorbsion.nbsp;Either way I dont care.nbsp; Ive put far too much energy into explaining something that doesnt really affect me.nbsp; Giving you the benefit of the doubt was watching you do it for months and not saying anything about it until now.nbsp; And Im not the only one who noticed it/said anything.And i dont get why you are trying to win with me.nbsp; I didnt say I dont like you, I didnt say you should go away.nbsp; If fact I said I like you just fine.nbsp; I just noticed something that bugged me, said it in an appropriate thread, end of story.nbsp; I dont get why its a big deal. Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]I do see what you're saying, and I'm not trying to make it into a big thing. Maybe I'm completely selfabsorbed and unaware of it I'm not being sarcastic here. It's just frustrating to not be able to participate more actively/consistently in threads because of my job and time zone constraints. I feel like I do the best I can to have active conversations, but clearly it's not coming off well.

If it makes more sense, I think it's similar to how you felt when someone called you snobby. You said it didn't bug you for people to call you bitchy or an asshole I think that's what you said, but you didn't see yourself as snobby, so it bothered you. I can see why people would call me naive or idealistic, but selfabsorbed came out of left field for me. It felt unfair, but I respect what you're saying.
  • Sorry for the weird lack of punctuation apparently the new phone format doesn't put in paragraphs, parentheses, or hyphens :P
  • Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I said it bugged me and left it at that.  I didnt spend pages trying to justify why im NOT snotty.  Someone thinks im snotty.  NBD, im not going to lose sleep over it.  Its not like she said she hates my face.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to Re:AYG:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:AYG:In Response to Re:AYG:Well, there's a difference to me, and it's a significant one. Steph, I'm sure you're right that I've talked about pacifism before, but that's not what I consider myself. Even if I did, that doesn't extend to things like AYG. People have the right to say what pisses them off. Blue, you can feel however you want to feel about me, but I believe that I post often offering others advice or asking how people are doing because I care about them. If you think I'm self absorbed, that's fine. But I get the impression that you're quick to interpret pretty much anything I do in that way instead of giving me the benefit of the doubt. If I start a thread and then don't reply right away, it must be because I'm a selfish AW and not possibly because my job only allows me to post in bursts or because I got a phone call. I just feel like I can't win with you. It's not the end of the world, but it just baffles me.Posted by polichikIf you cared as much as you claim to, wouldnt you spend more time interacting on a regular basis instead of swooping in with "hey whats new how is everyone" threads cause it had been so long since you last posted? Its sorta like youre pulling a ciara, where you only post about your own drama and then peace out. Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]I post during the day when I can, and by the time I get home, everybody's gone for the day. I do post in other threads, but it's often more towards the end. If a thread's been dead for hours, I feel silly posting in it, but it's safe to say that I read 90 of the threads on here it might just be later at night after the conversation has died. I just don't have a job that lets me post as often as most. If I didn't care, I would have left the boards ages ago.
  • Poli- I think you are taking this way too personally.  Maybe saying you are self absorbed was a little harsher than I mean, but I do think you like talking about yourself.  Its not a good/bad thing.  And as for everything else I pointed out, its not a reflection of how I think of you as a person.  Its just an observation.

I guess think of it this way.  We all know just about everything that is going on your life right now, from very few posts that you have made.  I wonder if you can say that you know anything about what is going on with, lets say 10 regulars on here?  If you can honestly say that you do, then Ill eat crow, but I dont think you can.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-28?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:901acefe-4220-44e0-9f8f-64dc621c9168Post:b6b43517-aa0d-42fa-96b2-15ea8723202e">Re:AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:AYG:I post during the day when I can, and by the time I get home, everybody's gone for the day. I do post in other threads, but it's often more towards the end. If a thread's been dead for hours, I feel silly posting in it, but it's safe to say that I read 90 of the threads on here it might just be later at night after the conversation has died. I just don't have a job that lets me post as often as most. If I didn't care, I would have left the boards ages ago.
    Im sorry but no. There are active threads going on generally all day long, well into the evening. Unless its an abnormally slow day, there are people around. That said, everyone here generally has busy lives, and they make the time for it, even those who dont post a whole lot.
  • In Response to Re:AYG:[QUOTE]Poli I think you are taking this way too personally.nbsp; Maybe saying you are self absorbed was a little harsher than I mean, but I do think you like talking about yourself.nbsp; Its not a good/bad thing.nbsp; And as for everything else I pointed out, its not a reflection of how I think of you as a person.nbsp; Its just an observation.I guess think of it this way.nbsp; We all know just about everything that is going on your life right now, from very few posts that you have made.nbsp; I wonder if younbsp;can say that you know anything about what is going on with, lets say 10 regulars on here?nbsp; If you can honestly say that you do, then Ill eat crow, but I dont think you can. Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]I see what you're saying, since there's no way for you to know which threads I'm reading if I don't post in them. For what it's worth, I do read, I do care, and I do post during discussions when they're active and I'm able to.

And I'm sure you're right that I'm taking it more personally than you would I do admire that you have a thick skin and take things in stride, since that's something that I struggle with. I will fully admit that, but that's a part of who I am. You know how easily my heart bleeds, for myself and others ;
  • Damn it, that was supposed to be a winky face at the end. That last sentence as supposed to be a joke!
  • Poli, my very first impression of you on here was "holy crap, she talks about herself a lot." That hasn't changed in 2 years and odd change.

I mean, obviously that's not a fully accurate representation of who you are, since your career basically focuses around helping others. But... that's the impression you put off on here.
  • I get irrationally irritated when people start threads while one that I'm participating in is still going because no matter what anyone says, it does take away from the active thread.
  • I agree Cew.
  • In Response to Re:AYG:[QUOTE]Poli, my very first impression of you on here was "holy crap, she talks about herself a lot." That hasn't changed in 2 years and odd change.I mean, obviously that's not a fully accurate representation of who you are, since your career basically focuses around helping others. But... that's the impression you put off on here. Posted by StephJ[/QUOTE]Ok, thank for the feedback.
  • I flame everyone who thinks doalittlejig was AATB's AE.

Everyone knows AATB's AE was DIDalittlejig.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-28?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:901acefe-4220-44e0-9f8f-64dc621c9168Post:b819d5f8-4486-4df1-a1c2-1dfd20ce637e">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame everyone who thinks doalittlejig was AATB's AE. Everyone knows AATB's AE was DIDalittlejig.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>I was wondering if anyone else noticed that.</div><div>
    </div><div>I want to know if this was a copycat AE or if DID just forget the password and created DO.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards