Maryland

VENUE BOOKED NOW WHAT??

Seriously, what's next LOL I am so lost and feel like I'm all over the place I need a little organiztion and reading what the knot says your "suppose" to be doing at X month is a little overwhelming in itself as well.  I'm going to try on a dress tomorrow with my mother and sis, but what do I do next?  I have a DJ semi booked - have an idea of bridesmaid dress but need to see in person......so many things and I feel like I'm missing something.  Suggestions to go in the right path without loosing my mind??

Re: VENUE BOOKED NOW WHAT??

• edited December 2011
    Finding a photographer should definitely be at the top of your list!
    Then a caterer if your venue doesn't include that.
    Florist was at the top of my list as well.
    Then cake.

Don't let yourself become stressed. Make a list of what's important to you and FI and then go from there. TK's list can be a little overwhelming, but it's there to help you think of EVERYTHING. Not everything applies to everyone. Breathe! And enjoy this planning time! It goes quickly!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks babe!!  I just thought to myself next step photographer :) and I just got my cake squared away which is good.  I guess I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed.
  • edited December 2011
    @lovethebeach wedding is 05/27/12 -- I set up two interviews today with photographers so hopefully I book one this weekend.  Dress shopping next weekend :)
  • edited December 2011
    You still have quite a bit of time.  Don't stress too much. :-)  I agree next steps should be photographer and then caterer and officiant if your venue doesn't include either.  You might also want to start thinking about ceremony musicians if you want to have those.  It sounds like you have most of the big vendors, though, so I think you're in pretty good shape.
    Vacation

Vacation
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011

Don't stress too much because you will take all the fun out of planning your big day.

At this point in the planning process try and lock down all of the main vendors (venue, caterer [if needed], photographer and dj)

Just breathe, it will all get done I promise.  You may even be surprised by the fact that in a few months the wedding planning tends to come to a stand still for a month or two.

• edited December 2011
    do not stress!  everything will fall in line.  i found the hardest part was invitations...there are SOOO many to choose from ahhhh!!   if you are in search of a photographer, my bestie found these women and they are running a special on weddings http://lovemagicmudpiesphotography.com  good luck and be calm.  no doubt your day will be beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards