Wedding Etiquette Forum

Who to invite to which shower

I am having a bridal shower and a couples shower. Who am I suppose to invite to which? I dont want people to feel like they have to come to both and I dont want anyone to feel left out.

I am having a small wedding of about 100 people. I feel like to make all parties happy I am going to end up having a couples shower with my entire wedding list.

I am getting very stressed out! Please help!

Re: Who to invite to which shower

• *You* don't invite anyone to either... you let the person hosting the shower (who is not you) do the inviting.

Don't worry about people feeling left out, and don't worry about people feeling obligated to attend.  First of all, it's not your concern, and secondly, an invitation is not a summons.  Your guests are free to attend, or not attend, your showers.  Just hand over a list of names and addresses, and let the person organizing the shower take it from there.
  • Reread what Jenny wrote, and then pretend that I wrote it, too.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Agree with PPs, but if the host asks you about the list a good suggestion may be to invite family members to the shower and friends to the couples shower.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_invite-shower-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8678e149-3825-43ad-88b1-b28a6c17557ePost:3fcbcd61-b585-4190-a0cf-dc3db8afb832">Re: Who to invite to which shower</a>:
    [QUOTE]Reread what Jenny wrote, and then pretend that I wrote it, too.
    Posted by tidetravel[/QUOTE]

Me three
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Ok, here's a different opinion...I'm having the same problem as you. My mom's friends are throwing me an engagement party, and then I know of 2 showers after that. I'm wondering, can I invite people to the showers that were invited to the party?

But for the showers..the way my friends have done it, the Bride DOES give a list & addresses. How I'm planning to do it...Shower 1 is being thrown by my best friend and a friend from high school. I'm planning on inviting the wedding guests from my hometown/high school(and bridal party...and of course let them know they don't have to come). Shower 2 is being thrown by my aunt and cousin, so I will probably invite family. There is a possibility of a third shower being thrown by my MOH/college roommate....I'll invite college friends. Basically grouping people together that have something in common. Hope that helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards