Outdoor Weddings
Options

Outdoor Wedding questions, Please Help!!

My Fiance' and I are having our wedding (May 18, 2013) on a friends 20 acres and I am wondering what options do we have for bathrooms that guests use. It is a DIY wedding on a tight budget, in nothern Michigan. The wedding is not formal. There are about 200 guests and I am sure that my friends septic wont handle that many flushes. I am not sure if a porter potty is ok for guests at a wedding. Any suggestions on what I should do?

Re: Outdoor Wedding questions, Please Help!!

• Options
    they have toilet trailers that are suppose to be nice sinks toilets and all that jazz may wanna look at that.  but i think you are right septic system i dont think will be able handle 200 pple
  • Options
    I went to an outdoor wedding last summer and I think they had 2-4 porter potties (I can't remember exactly how many they had). They had them about 100-150 yards from the dancing/eating area so that was nice. It was more private. It wasn't ideal since most people were dressed up and then you used the DIY hand-washing station, but it didn't ruin the party. I had a great time! That wedding actually inspired us to have an outdoor wedding b/c we had a blast! So having porter potties didn't put a bad taste in our mouths overall. If that is your cheapest route, I'd say go for it. Just make 2 cute hand washing stations. Oh, they also had wedding decorations on the inside and outside of the potter potties to dress them up. And smell good stuff on the inside.

Congrats and Happy planning!
  • Options
    I live in the Houston area so costs may be different, but I looked into those trailers for our reception, and was blown away by the costs of some of them! 

After researching around, I found a company that carries "wedding white" porta potties.  They are flushable, so everything that throws me off about the porta potty concept is kept in a seperate, out of sight tank.  I am also renting a hand washing station and having hand sanitizers installed in the porta potties.  Maybe they have these in your area?  I

'm not sure what your budget is, but in Houston, it is running me about $300 for 2 of these with hand washing and sanitizers. 
  • Options
    I am renting a port a potty and hand washing station for my wedding... You can hide it and spruce it up a bit :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am do port-a-potties.we looked into the trailers and they started at a grand! A little much for our budget!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards