Flowers
Options

Flower Allergy?

My friend is getting married and her mother is allergic to flowers.  She herself HATES fake flowers.  She made her bouquet herself out of broaches (looks FANTASTIC!) and I was wondering what ideas you guys have for her flowers.  She is currently making little pompoms of yarn (like the balls on Tinkerbell's shoes) and they're turning out really cute.  Just wondering what other ideas are out there.
Anniversary Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Flower Allergy?

• Options
    I suspect her mother is not allergic to all flowers but the scent that they have bothers her.....there are plenty of flowers that will not have a fragrance,
  • Options
    I have been a bridesmaid a few times.  In different weddings, I have carried balloons, fans, purse, lantern, and a parasol in place of a bouquet.  

I have seen centerpieces of books, lanterns, herbs, wildflower plants, bamboo, fruit, candles, LED displays and stones.  Sometimes these were mixed with limited flowers.  Sometimes, they were in place of flowers.

I am allergic to certain flowers, but not all flowers.  For my own wedding, I had calla lilies, gerberas, bells of Ireland, roses, mums, and hydrangeas.  I worked with a great florist in RI to help me find flowers that are lighlty scented and don't set off my allergies.  He even did a sniff test with the calla lilies because some lilies do set off my allergies.  
  • Options
    Thank you guys so much!  I really appreciate your help, she'll be happy with more options!
    Anniversary Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options

Thank You for asking!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards