Pre-wedding Parties

Do I have to...

I'm trying to keep my wedding as informal and simple as possible, but lately, all the girls I work with are lecturing me about a bridal shower, engagement party, and bachelorette party. I wasn't planning on having any of these because it seems like too much, and I also don't have anyone to throw these parties for me. Can I get away without holding these parties, or will people be disappointed if I go a more nontraditional route???

Re: Do I have to...

• edited August 2012
    You absolutely don't have to have any of these parties if you don't want to, and you should feel free to decline them if anyone offers to throw them for you.  Some people might be disappointed, sure, but, you know, it's your life.
  • I received several offers for bridal showers and politely but firmly turned them all down. I still got one "surprise" bridal shower thrown by my aunts at a family reunion.

You are certainly more then OK with politely declining, but just be prepared for superduper excited relatives and friends to host things for you anyways.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards