Gothic Weddings

Really hoping to order some pretties....

So we have like 13 paychecks before the wedding. This week we are hoping to order some of my bridal accessories so we can check some of that stuff off the HUGE list. Yes, it is still a huge list. Blah. I'm trying to decide what things to actually order. I have a parasol, a spider brooch, a handbag, and a pair of shoes to choose from. We're also taking a trip this Sunday to the Silverdale Mall, which is the closest "mall" around here. It's about an hour away. I'm going to a Michael's craft store (yay! finally!!!), and I'm also hitting every accessory store and "little black dress" store that I can find. I still need to find the perfect pair of earrings and bracelet(s) for me to wear. I'm also looking for jewelry for my girls to wear. I have NO clue what I'm looking for. I don't know if I want them to wear earrings, necklace, bracelets....who knows. I'll probably try on 10-20 pairs of shoes while I'm there too. Hey, what the heck? I'm a woman. Plus, I need to drop in to Victoria's Secret and check out long-line bras to wear under my dress, lingerie, and see if they have the bridesmaids gifts. I'm getting the girls my favorite body products from there. It's the Beauty Rush Juiced Berry body double mist and the matching body 3-in-1 body wash. YUM. It's like strawberry daiquiri heaven in a bottle. Whenever I wear it they say "I have got to get me some of that!!!". So it sounds like the perfect bridesmaid gift to me. Anyway, it's going to be fun going shopping with my FH. He's really fun and upbeat and has a shining personality to top it all off' AND he LOVES to shop. Sounds like the perfect man to me. ;) I'm hoping we don't blow our budget, and I'm hoping to come back with atleast some good news and some good stuff.....
Visit Gothic.weddings.com

Re: Really hoping to order some pretties....

• Have fun shopping! I love your accesories! I wish I could find parasols/umbrellas as cute as yours for a decent price, but I think I'm just going to buy the bridal party functional umbrellas in case the weather takes a turn for the worse.

That's a great idea for gifts for your bridal party too! Gotta love Victoria's Secret. They just came out with a new scent called "Love Rocks". I really want to know how it smells!

I checked out your bio and everything about your wedding is gorgeous, especially your dress! I can't wait to see pictures of the final product!
  • edited January 2010
    Thanks for the compliments! That's really sweet. :) I have found that parasols run about $40 a piece, which isn't really that bad. If you want some links let me know....
  • I'd be jumping for joy at the thought of that weekend! Have fun! Can't wait to see what you decided on!
  • i love that parasol! where did you get it? and/or can you post the links please? =]
  • edited January 2010
    Update! I ordered my parasol finally! It came to $50.99 with shipping. It's a strange expense but I have been dreaming of having a black lace parasol my WHOLE life! I definitely needed one for my wedding pictures. There was no doubt about that! It's been a childhood dream of mine for as far back as I can remember. :)

*nycegrrl - I am definitely looking forward to this Sunday with the FH. Our paycheck ended up being smaller than we were expecting, but with proper budgeting we will still be able to have fun and maybe find one accessory and something neato from Michael's to come home with.

*cellarius - It's great to have another bride with such similar tastes! I guess I'm a bio stalker too (lingo from theknot's vintage board moderator, nukke). Do you have a bio??? I would love to see your ideas! Also, I haven't ordered my fan yet, just my parasol, but here's the links for the parasol and fan sites I've been checking out.....

Lace-parasols.com - (where I'm getting my parasol from)

Gentleman's Emporium <-----really awesome site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (look how many exclamation points I used!)

ParasolPassion.com - really beautiful parasols, fans, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards