Florida-North Florida
Options

Bentley's On the Bay

FI and I are considering Bentley's on the Bay - it's GORGEOUS from what I see in pics, but it's expensive. I think it might be worth it tho --- I just LOVE the amazing setting and views of the water, and I feel like I wouldn't have to worry about ppl on the resort beach in my pics!!
~Destin Bride~06/17/2012~

Re: Bentley's On the Bay

• Options
    LouWho19LouWho19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We splurged on our venues, the Catedral Basilica of Saint Augustine for the ceremony and River House in St. Augustine for the reception, and I feel like it's going to be worth it.
    Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah i think it's going to be - we were going to have it at Sandestin Beach and Golf Resort but the girl i'm working with just does not respond to me very quickly at ALL, and i have to wait around for weeks and remind her again until she does. Alexa from Bentley's is much more responsive!
  • Options
    LouWho19LouWho19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A responsive contact is always nice :)
    Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a business dinner at Bentley's & the food was fabulous. Service was stellar, sit down dinner for about 100 ppl & the food was hot & good, & quickly delivered, beverages kept full. 

I would have done my wedding there for sure, if I hadn't already booked my wedding stuff! If you can swing it financially I feel comfortable saying go for it! 

In the end it has worked out better because I don't think we could have afforded our DJ & Bentley's & we LOVE LOVE LOVE our DJ & his wife who have been amazing so far!

PLease keep us posted as to what you end up deciding! I am always curious about the follow up when people ask questions & I don't know what they did, lol!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    lifeizbeachy - who's ur dj?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    it is beautiful! i dont know if i want a beach wedding or what
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    First day Entertainment 

It's a husband & wife team & they are uber helpful & respond really fast. They seem expensive but when you realize all they do for you, it's worth it to me! I saw them at someone else's wedding & they were fab! They do some pretty creative stuff. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'll check them out!
  • Options
    DenyseSDenyseS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_bentleys-bay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:70Discussion:1bed16c7-25b8-476b-adef-e0e1bacce770Post:f073e982-2996-4d14-bb74-bf43c64d68b9">Re: Bentley's On the Bay</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah i think it's going to be - we were going to have it at Sandestin Beach and Golf Resort but the girl i'm working with just does not respond to me very quickly at ALL, and i have to wait around for weeks and remind her again until she does. Alexa from Bentley's is much more responsive!
    Posted by rmc353stl[/QUOTE]

I know who you are talking about...I am having the same problem.  She did not respond to me for two months after sending some intial info and I replied with questions and I didn't really worry about it since I was so far out but now that I am less than a year I would like to put down my deposits and be able to get the date I want.  I contacted her again two weeks ago and still nothing.  For that reason I decided to go with someone else and have been looking at the Hilton and Seascape.  I have seen similar complaints on the board about the same person I was talking to at Sandestin golf and beach resort.  Maybe thier service would get better if everyone that eventually changed thier mind about using them emailed her supervisor and explained why they are going with someone else.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_bentleys-bay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:70Discussion:1bed16c7-25b8-476b-adef-e0e1bacce770Post:adb43a77-2ec4-46d1-ae0e-60b185cceafa">Re: Bentley's On the Bay</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bentley's On the Bay : I know who you are talking about...I am having the same problem.  She did not respond to me for two months after sending some intial info and I replied with questions and I didn't really worry about it since I was so far out but now that I am less than a year I would like to put down my deposits and be able to get the date I want.  I contacted her again two weeks ago and still nothing.  For that reason I decided to go with someone else and have been looking at the Hilton and Seascape.  I have seen similar complaints on the board about the same person I was talking to at Sandestin golf and beach resort.  Maybe thier service would get better if everyone that eventually changed thier mind about using them emailed her supervisor and explained why they are going with someone else.
    Posted by DenyseS[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Denyse - I'm in the same boat - she didn't respond to me at first but i didn't worry since i contacted her way before the wedding; now that it's getting a bit closer i followed up multiple times and i either have to contact her multiple times before she responds or she won't respond for weeks. I don't get it. Do they not need the business? It doesn't make sense. Grrr. Anyways we were going to do the military wedding package, but the fact that she just hasn't been responding to me makes me think that the money we save won't be worth it, and it's going to be better for us just to pay more and get better service/better experience, so that's why i'm considering weatherall weddings/bentleys/etc.

</div>
  • Options
    kalayaclarkekalayaclarke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bentley's on the Bay is amazing. I've been to 2 wedding there and they both went very well...everything was great. The area is just breathtaking as well. We did our engagement session in Seaside, which is close by, and the pictures were beautiful. Not to mention that our photographer is great. If you're still looking for one I highly recommend her. http://sarah-jordan-photographer.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE ALexa and Bentley's. My mom and I just visited the location this past weekend and I fell in love with the place. we are getting married there in lates Septemebr 2012.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards