Texas-Austin

Help! Hair, and Officiant!

Hi Ladies, I need help.  I would like to find someone affordable to do my hair for the wedding.  I was thinking something half up half down with a bird cage veil.  I already have a make up artist that is willing to come on location, so I guess I would need that for hair too....

I am also in need of an officiant, we were going to have a friend do it, but it fell through.  Need someone funny, younger if possible, and willing to perform a non-religious ceremony.

Wedding is 5/14/11.  Thanks!

Re: Help! Hair, and Officiant!

• SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For Hair, I am using Vicky Ackerman. She works out of Bliss at Salons Republic (on 183 near main Event). She travels for weddings, and did a great job with my color and cut last friday, so I hired her for the wedding. You can schedule her on her FB page:

I find her prices to be very reasonable!

Our officiant is Rev. Joe Calovic. He's not young, or very funny, but he'll perform any kind of ceremony you want. He told us "You can have as much or as little Jesus as you are comfortable with. "
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • akg0053akg0053 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't help with the officiant, but I can tell you that I'm using Keep Austin Gorgeous for hair (and make-up actually). They come highly recommended, and I found their team to be great in person when I had my consult.
    118 image
    Not caring about missing RSVPs because there aren't any rocks!
  • edited December 2011

First, take a deep breath.  Though May weddings book up fast, you still have plenty of time to get these things sorted out -- almost eight months! 
    Our pastor, Rev. Bonnie Connor, is non-denominational and wonderfully helpful
    http://www.reverendconnor.com/Site/Welcome.html 
    She has a bunch of different ceremony "templates", including non-religious ones, she can work with you on to customize. She charges $295 and attends the rehearsal and all that.
    For hair, it depends where in Austin you want them to travel to, as some places will charge a travel fee depending on where they have to drive from.  I am using Amaz Salon  - two stylists are coming to our suite at the Driskill downtown to do my hair, my mom's and three bridesmaids.  Though I haven't done the trial yet, so don't take it as an endorsement.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    For hair & makeup I used Lucie Marie! Angela did an amazing job on me and my bridesmaids on my wedding day, and is just a super sweet person. Highly recommend! :)
    Liz & David | 10/23/09
    Planning Bio

• cryalex24cryalex24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too booked with KAG!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies, keep them coming, I appreciate all advice and woudl look into these names.
  • may2005may2005 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For an officiant, we used Judge Elisabeth Earle who was great.  We contacted her about 3 weeks before our wedding over Memorial Day weekend.

http://www.co.travis.tx.us/courts/criminal/county/cc7.asp
  • edited December 2011
    For hair I am booking with Salon- by milk and honey! and our Officiant is Chaplain Larry Todd!!! He's AMAZING!!
    Are we there yet?? Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    How much did Elizabeth Charge if you don't mind me asking, also Larry Todd would not meet with me because we did not want a religious ceremony. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards