Ohio-Columbus
Options

"Running of the Brides" Update

Hi All!

Just got back from Filene's Basement. I was worried that it would be insane, but it wasn't--it had really calmed down and was actually enjoyable. I was able to get a fitting room without wait multiple times and while I didn't find anything, I'm glad I went. Of course, there were those who tried on right in the store as well. There were still plenty of dresses left at around 1:30...most size 8-12. Thought I'd give everyone an update...I hate crowds and I thought it was worthwhile just to get an idea of what I like/don't like without the pressure of salespeople! 

EDIT: If you go, I suggest bringing a camera--even if you don't want to buy the dress, having the picture of it on you will be great when you go to other bridal stores and want a similar style!  

Re: "Running of the Brides" Update

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We got there at 4am and were probably the 6th or 7th group in line.  It was a little chilly waiting outside but we had so much fun.  I found that a lot of the dresses were dirty (they'd probably been through other Running of the Brides sales in different cities) and some styles were really outdated.  I didn't find THE dress, but I'd say the experience was still worth it :-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    chaseglchasegl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had so much fun, too - even though I have my dress. There was one there that I absolutely loved - and all silk Anne Barge.  But I really don't need another dress.  I agree that many of the dresses were dirty and many were outdated.  I liked that they had someone from Dublin Cleaners there to answer questions about the dirtiness. 

I was also surprised at some of the designers they carried.  In addition to Anne Barge, I saw Reem Acra, Eve of Milady, Carolina Herrera, Judd Waddel, Christopher Alexander.  I met one girl who got a gorgeous Anne Barge gown with a $7000+ price tag for $699. 

Oh, and I didn't get there until after 4pm.  I really think that it should be a two-day sale for those girls who can't get off work on Friday. 
  • Options
    maria009maria009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yes, the dresses were very dirty and outdated so having the Dublin Cleaners there was a great idea for the former. Although I did not find a dress it confirmed my likes and dislikes. Overall it was a neat experience and I'm glad it went. I think if I went earlier (I went after lunch) and had my friends in town with me, it would've been more fun just to be part of the chaos. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone have any infromation on the vendors that were there? Vendors for cleaning and alterations. I bought my dress in Maryland and I will have to get my alterarions done here in Columus due to time constrainsts.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG...i was there a little before 4am and found my DREAM DRESS!!! St Pucchi...$10K dress for $699. as soon as i picked it up off the rack in the chaos i knew it was couture b/c it weighed 20lbs!! i never thought i would find anything and i could have picked a better dress!!! and it hit like a glove!! totally meant to be!! i thank my fiance who talked me into going early!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to this too...overall it was kind of a hot mess. Not as insane as I thought it would be, but most of the dresses were extremely outdated and dirty. We got there right after the "running" and yes, the racks were literally empty. Not such a big deal though because you can quickly start snatching up dresses; my problem was I just didn't like most of them. Then there were a lot not giving their dresses up and only accepting trades. I found this annoying- I tried to collect a few I knew I didn't like for trades but when another bride showed interest I didn't have the heart to demand a trade. But there were some other nice brides there who were willing to give up dresses they knew they didn't want. A lot of brands I didn't recognize but some good ones- Anne Barge, Priscilla of Boston, Christos, etc.

All that being said I did find my dress! A $6,000 gorgeous Anne Barge dress that I got for $699! So overall I can't complain, but it was definitely slim pickings!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards