South Dakota

Country Wedding

My husband and I want to have a country wedding. We want to have an outdoor ceremony with a reception in a barn or somewhere with a country feel yet romantic. I've thought about just renting a tent but im still looking for other ideas. Does anyone know of barns you can rent or somewhere outdoors to do a wedding? I would love to have my horses there but that isn't a necessity. We keep moving our date back because we can't decide what we want to do or where. There isn't much for options around Sioux Falls.
Thanks for you help!

Re: Country Wedding

• edited December 2011

I have heard that Heartland Ventures in Baltic has done wedding receptions before. My friend is a harpist who scouted it out for my fiance and I (and had her horses stabled there!). I don't know much about it, as we've since changed our location, but it's definitely worth a shot: http://www.heartlandventures.net/contact

Hope it works out for you :)

• edited December 2011
    When I was searching for wedding venues near Sioux Falls, I came across the Strawbale Winery (strawbalewinery.com/), which has a nice country feel (and a barn!). I contacted them about doing a wedding next summer, and they said they were full, but you might want to give them a call and see when they have availability!

Good Luck!
  • I'm not sure if you are interested in west river, but there are several great places out here.  Heartland Ranch I think has a wedding area that is very country feeling.  Also, there are a lot of horse ranches around here that  may/may not work too. 
    Time of our lives Anniversary
  • There is a beautiful hunting lodge outdoorsy place called Hole N' the Wall Lodge.  It is just outside of Akron, IA so not too far from Sioux Falls.  I think you would be able to have your horses there because they are very flexible.  Be prepared however, it is very expensive.  Worth a look though because it may be exactly what you are looking for.  They have a facebook page that has many more pictures on it than their website does.  Hope this helps!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-dakota-sioux-falls_country-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:117Discussion:e68637a5-0e9d-4873-bf7e-9e75ad0550eePost:7a49cb6e-e6d8-4bc0-b80e-bc72611f2f6d">Country Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]My husband and I want to have a country wedding. We want to have an outdoor ceremony with a reception in a barn or somewhere with a country feel yet romantic. I've thought about just renting a tent but im still looking for other ideas. Does anyone know of barns you can rent or somewhere outdoors to do a wedding? I would love to have my horses there but that isn't a necessity. We keep moving our date back because we can't decide what we want to do or where. There isn't much for options around Sioux Falls. Thanks for you help!
    Posted by SDjumper55[/QUOTE]
  • In Response to <a href="http://southdakota.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-dakota-sioux-falls_country-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:117Discussion:e68637a5-0e9d-4873-bf7e-9e75ad0550eePost:a3495c7f-debc-48da-bf5b-f49e04e5e9ff">Re: Country Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure if you are interested in west river, but there are several great places out here.  Heartland Ranch I think has a wedding area that is very country feeling.  Also, there are a lot of horse ranches around here that  may/may not work too. 
    Posted by littleshrink[/QUOTE]

What are some of the barns/ranches west river?  My fiancee and I are searching for that sort of venue near rapid/spearfish area but are running out of luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards