New York-Hudson Valley

my vendor reviews 7/3/11

Vendor reviews were very helpful to me throughout my planning process, so I wanted to post mine as soon as I got a chance.  I am a tough grader (teacher in me) but I will explain why everyone got what I gave them.

Venue-Dutchess Manor, Beacon NY- A+
This was my second venue and we didn't book until March 2011 because our other venue fell through.  They were absolutely wonderful to work with.  The room was beautiful, the food was great and they were helpful with anything I needed.  I would reccomend dutchess manor to anyone who was getting married.  Also my flowers were done on sight and turned out amazing.

Photographer and Video- Small moments studios Suffern, NY- A+ I haven't seen all my proofs but from what I have seen the pictures are amazing.  They were very laid back and did everything I asked including trying to get a fireworks picture from the fireworks that were going off that night.  They have very reasonable prices and include an engagment session that allow us to get comfortable with the photographer and taking pictures.

Hair-Hair to be, Washingtonville, NY A+ This is two girls who travel to your sight for no extra fee.  They did such an amazing job and in a timely fashion.  I had 10 people get their hair done.  They are also very reasonable.

DJ- The DJ company Nyack, NY  A-  Ryan was great to work with preparing for my wedding.  He was thorough and made sure everything was done well.  The office manager was wonderful and helped me so much with the finishing details the week before my wedding.  We also had our slide show through them which turned out perfect.  Jason was our MC and he had people up dancing all night.  Everyone bragged about him.  Personally he was not my favorite person to work with but he did a good job.

Wedding dress, Kleinfeld, NYC  A  I looked at a lot of dress places before I went to Kleinfelds.  My consultant was Debbie and she couldn't have been any nicer.  She found me the perfect dress on the 4th try.  The only minor complaint was that the lady who altered my dress didn't label my bustle correctly and it wasn't bustled correctly the whole night.

Transportation- JTR Dover Plains, NY   B  They were very easy to work with and showed up on time.  The reason I gave them a B is because one of the runs got messed up and came later to the venue then it should have. 

Bridesmaids dresses- Helen Bohn Washington Twshp, NJ   B-  The dresses came out nice and were all ordered correctly but they weren't always nice to me or my girls when we went in there.

MOB dress- Meme's Larchmont, NY F  My mom and I went there to look for a dress and they were nice.  After my mom ordered her dress and paid to get it altered there it turned bad.  The dress didn't end up being ready until 3 days before my wedding after calling and calling and then it fell apart the night of the wedding.  The dress wasn't cheap either.  My mom has tried repeatedly to call and they refuse to call her back.

Hotel-Hotel Sierra and Hamton Inn, Fishkill, NY  A- Both hotels were clean and friendly but they forgot to give out some of my out of town bags. 

I think I got most of it and I hope this helps anyone who is looking for reviews for these places.

Here are a few of my teaser pics.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: my vendor reviews 7/3/11

• edited December 2011
    Beautiful pictures,glad you had an amazing wedding day & everything ended up working out for you with the new venue.
  • tfunicellotfunicello member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the thorough reviews! Beautiful pictures, especially the fireworks shot!

We're thinking of using the DJ Company as well. Was is just your specific MC that wasn't the easist to work with? We just went to a wedding this weekend & it reminded us how much we want everyone up and dancing all night! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jamiefourjamiefour member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_vendor-reviews-7311?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:0d9eee30-2fd3-4b24-b404-0d7155250a0cPost:553ca329-58d0-45ac-92e2-0898762fcfc3">Re: my vendor reviews 7/3/11</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the thorough reviews! Beautiful pictures, especially the fireworks shot! We're thinking of using the DJ Company as well. Was is just your specific MC that wasn't the easist to work with? We just went to a wedding this weekend & it reminded us how much we want everyone up and dancing all night! 
    Posted by tfunicello[/QUOTE]
    Honestly, I would use DJ company again if I had to do it all over.  They really did do a great job.  My MC just rubbed me the wrong way but other then that they were great.
  • tstegertsteger member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I am using the DJ company, and Ryan is AMAZING!  This is not the first time I've heard this about Jason, I requested that he not be involved for my day. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_vendor-reviews-7311?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:0d9eee30-2fd3-4b24-b404-0d7155250a0cPost:2c987b32-5bc4-4147-ba46-0f2240d7d62e">Re: my vendor reviews 7/3/11</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am using the DJ company, and Ryan is AMAZING!  This is not the first time I've heard this about Jason, I requested that he not be involved for my day. 
    Posted by tsteger[/QUOTE]
    OMG, I am so glad I am not the only one.  I felt really bad putting negative things for them because Ryan and his other staff was so amazing.  Also, the party was great. 
  • edited December 2011
    jamie- so glad things worked out beautifully in the end!
  • pinkrn19pinkrn19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! I'm using the DJ Company also..glad to hear you liked working with them!!
  • edited December 2011
    Jamie did Hair to Hair do your makeup too?
    you looked amazing!  
  • tfunicellotfunicello member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info! I'm meeting with the Dj Company this week... I think I may make sure we don't work with Jason as well. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_vendor-reviews-7311?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:0d9eee30-2fd3-4b24-b404-0d7155250a0cPost:38031126-27e4-4558-9acb-fdb21a013289">Re: my vendor reviews 7/3/11</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jamie did Hair to Hair do your makeup too? you looked amazing!  
    Posted by kristinadillon[/QUOTE]
    No, DH's cousin did it. and Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! The pictures are great! Thanks for sharing  :)
  • LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! You looked beautiful. Tell your mom to go into MeMe's and say something in person. They are known to not return compliants via call but if she walks into the store they're going to have to listen to her.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards