Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Eyelash conditioning?

Hello Ladies :D

So I've decided to stop using mascara 6 months out from my wedding, since it is part of the reason we lose them. I'm also pretty experienced with falsies as a bartender and intend to wear them. But the other day I met a girl who used a new mascara wand to very carefully apply conditioner on her lashes! It seems brilliant if you avoid it in your eyes. Has anyone else heard of this??
Thanks in advance :D

Re: Eyelash conditioning?

• Yes, it's called Latisse. It is FDA approved and it does work, however, over time and continued use it cause dark spot on or around your iris and can cause blindness.  If you stop your lashes will begin to loose there luster.

Give your eyes a break, wear strip lashes for the desired look until your real lashes are healthy enough to wear naturally or attach individuals.

www.labelleartiste.com she will give you a bridal consultation for your skincare and makeup needs.

• I dont think that's at all what she's talking about. I've used castor oil with good results. My lashes were darker and thicker. I also like using a clean mascara wand or just my finger to apply vaseline to my eyelashes as an alternative to mascara. It adds a little sparkle and definition and looks really natural.
  • She is a bartender sweat and grease will not mix very well for her eyes or skin. Do you where false lashes at all?

• Hello ladies, 

I have heard negative things about latisse and yes, Sarahsahara I was referring more along those lines. Castor oil and vaseline seem like they would make sense, and you've had good results in growth? I've also heard extra virgin olive oil before bed. 
    Kaciemichelle- yes I have and I'm plainning to use both on my wedding day just looking to give the real ones some oomph! :)

Thanks again ladies. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards