Getting in Shape

Need to be as toned as possible in just over one month.

I have been dieting and light exercising. I am losing ok and I am accepting of the weight I'll be on my wedding day. I would like to be more toned though. I only have a little over a month so I am aware \i won't get far.

Does anyone know of a video or routine that can get my arms as toned as possible? Well, butt, legs and abs could use some toning too but my arms can been seen.

Any tips are appreciated. Thanks

Re: Need to be as toned as possible in just over one month.

• Jillian Michaels has a bunch of month long toning tapes- 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, others focusing on specific body parts.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    To get tone you have to keep it up.  If I were you I'd just do light weights most days and push-ups, squats, lunges.  Try searching Amanda Russell on You Tube.  She has a web site and I love her workouts.  They are really short but great for toning.  My best advice would be to keep up whatever you can consistently and know you just need to do it for a month so be motivated.  Good luck!
  • Try Zuzana on youtube from bodyrock, I LOVE her workouts.
    Here's the beginner ones
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08GvCfKGukY&feature=BFa&list=PLD2DF36867F4D38A2&lf=results_main

Her other videos are quite advanced, but she does it all at home with little equipment!

Photobucketbaby yianni Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Chaleen Extreme! Get it from Beachbody!

• I second Jillian Michaels ripped in 30 - wicked workouts and you'll see major results. Mix in her yoga and you'll be super impressed.

Another option is checking out Women's Health online. They have target area workouts so you can find some for your specific needs. I always bring my Women's Health Big Book of Exercices with me to the gym. I did the hard body workout plan before going to Costa Rica and I saw major results... check out the abs I got!!

invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I say to maximize your time get a personal trainer who will know how to get you the results you want or even if it is possible in one month. Toning is all about doing exercise properly and a trainer could show you the right exercises to get your arms looking more tone. Generally with toning it takes six weeks to three months to actually see noticeable results. 
  • My favorite at home work out for overall body toning is Jillian Michaels "No more trouble zones" it is an hour long. She'll rock every part of your body! I had been doing that dvd in combo with her "banish fat boost metabolism" (alternating between the two every day) and had good luck. I think she also has a deal on her website where you can order the two dvds for about 20$

I think if you want to get really toned though, a personal trainer might be the best way to go. They can be expensive but if you have the cash, they will be able to help you with form, and help prevent injury. They will know specific exercises to tone exactly the parts you want to. 

Lastly, don't forget cardio! Strength training is great for toning up (and actually does keep you metabolism boosted for longer then cardio does), but the more calories you burn the easier it will be to see the results of your strength training. 

Photobucket Us on our last visit to OBX :) Jessica
  • Thanks to everyone! At this point I have accepted I won't see huge changes but I would like to be on the road. (and I bet I'll notice even if I'm the only one)

I think I am going to take the next few days to literally try everything I can and then stick with whatever I can do best.

Thanks again.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_need-toned-possible-just-over-one-month?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:35edd993-0339-4336-a42a-8220ff041055Post:168768dc-59c5-48cf-9d75-1ffab397691d">Re: Need to be as toned as possible in just over one month.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks to everyone! At this point I have accepted I won't see huge changes but I would like to be on the road. (and I bet I'll notice even if I'm the only one) I think I am going to take the next few days to literally try everything I can and then stick with whatever I can do best. Thanks again.
    Posted by blush64[/QUOTE]

<div>Good luck! Any activity helps, so just stay positive.</div>
  • The 100 pushup challenage might work. I find that pushups work great for me. I also had a lot of success with the Insanity workout for toning but not losing weight. I only did the 1 month not the second because of time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 97 Dealt!

image 37 All In!

image 12 Had to fold!

image 48 Are Holding Out For their Turn!

RSVP Date: 10/04/2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards