Getting in Shape
Options

wedding in 7 months...help!!!!

help....my wedding is in 7 months and I have not lost any weight yet!!!! Im a full time pharmacy student, and have no time to work out because school is sooo demanding, and planning a wedding just wears me out!!! I started jogging after classes for about 20-30 minutes, but this has just started this week. Is there still hope for me, any suggestions, my goal is to lose about 15 lbs. before september!!! any suggestions and advice............

Re: wedding in 7 months...help!!!!

• Options

You have plenty of time. Jogging after class is good. Even if you get 20 mins a day in at least you are doing something. Are you counting calories? What are you doing differently with your eating? 15 lbs is definitly attainable by sept.

Photobucket
  • Options
    Have you changed your eating habits? If you can cut your calories (Without going below 1200 at the least) you can make a big difference.

I know it can be difficult when you're so busy but finding one day a week to shop and prepare healthy foods really helps.  I go on Sunday and plan out for the rest of the week. If you're going to eat packaged foods either get stuff that is pre-portioned or portion it out yourself into a healthy serving size. 

Write down what you eat or log it online so you can see how many calories you're really eating. Use a scale and measuring cups until you have a better judgement of portion size.

Get plenty of fruits and veggies (frozen is fine!) and plenty of fiber. Make sure you're keeping your body hydrated. The better your body functions the easier it will be to lose the weight you're hoping for.

The best advice I can give you is don't be disappointed if things don't change instantly or you don't lose the weight in the places you hope. Remember that whats important is your becoming healthier and just keep working towards the changes you hope to see. 
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2010
    Step 1. Take a deep breath and calm down.
    Step 2. Check out The Daily Plate or Sparkpeople, figure out how many calories you should be eating to lose 1-2 lbs per week, and then eat that.

Weight loss is not some magical thing that no one understands.  It's really just a simple math problem.  If you burn more calories than you eat, you'll lose weight.

While exercise is very important, most weight loss comes from changes to your diet.

Some other tips:  not all calories are created equal.  100 calories from fruit or protein are very different than a 100 cal pack of chips and will fuel you much longer, so try to avoid that.  Processed food is not so good for you, so avoid that.  The more muscle you have, the more calories you body will burn while resting, so it's important to incorporate some sort of weight/resistance training.
    Also, when losing weight without weight/resistance training, you lose muscle and fat at about the same rate.  When you gain weight (unless you're doing some serious weight lifting) it's fat, so gaining after losing does more harm in the long run.

15 lbs by September is a very healthy attainable goal.  I would encourage you to make changes now that will last your life, so that you and your future husband can enjoy many long years together.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    What I do is everytime I am at my computer I sit on an exercise ball.  To make it more challenging make circles or figures 8's.  It makes exercise more fun and you can be productive at the same time!
  • Options
    30 Day Shred is a great workout, and it's only 20 minutes. It kicks your ass, but it works. Also check out www.exercisetv.tv, they have a bunch of free fitness videos that you can stream on your computer, and they have a bunch that are 10, 20, and 30 minutes long. 
  • Options
    Try taking your notes to the gym- you can read them while on an elliptical or a bike.  I am about to finish pharmacy school in May, and I did that when I really needed to study.  I tried to go to the gym at least 4 times a week- make it as much a priority as you do anything else.  I think once you think of it as something that's important for you to do, you will be able to squeeze it in.  Sometimes you just have to be willing to be flexible with your schedule- just get in a workout when you can! Obviously diet is important too, but I'm definitely not very good at that!  You can definitely hit your goal though, goodluck!
  • Options
    I take notes to study with me to the gym. (I know that is what someone else already said, but it does help)  I am a math education major so just taking a notebook with my math stuff gives me time in the gym as well as extra study time :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards