California-Orange County
Options

Muckenthaler Mansion Wedding Next July

Hi,

This is my first time posting and I hope it's not too boring..  I'm thinking of having my wedding at this location July 2012.  Does anyone have experiences here (wedding here/attended a wedding)?  I would like to hear your input before I put down a deposit..:)  Also, I wonder if I should be concerned for a outdoors wedding in July ..(heat/rain..etc).  Thanks for reading.

Re: Muckenthaler Mansion Wedding Next July

• Options
    jilly884jilly884 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Never been there but have check it out online and it looks so pretty.  It's in Fullerton, right?  Just go to weather.com and check the aveage temps for that zipcode. If there is lots of shade you should be fine but if it has NO SHADE that is reason for concern in July.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married there in November! :)
    Fell in love with it and they have been great to work with so far.
    Did you meet with Duane? Kristen?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the replies.  I met with Duane, and he seemed very nice.  I think we might go with this venue as the other place we looked at that is quite pretty (Turnip Rose Promenade) but  more pricy and not as unique.  Please let me know more about your experience there.  Thanks again
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a friend who was married at Turnip Rose a few years ago and it was nice.

Duane has been great and we had our menu tasting recently and it was SO GOOD!
    Honestly because they take care of rentals, catering, etc. Its like having a coordinator. All I had to do was florist, photog, music.

Good luck! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies! We are just minutes from Fullerton! We deliver and set up for your favors and/or dessert tables. Check out www.LeCakeBonbon.com And mention The Knot for 10% off!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Muckenthaler doesn't allow for outside caterers. But thank you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Muck in January. I absoluitely fell in love with it and Duane is amazing to work with! You'll love him!
    Wedding Items for Sale!! http://wedding12712.weebly.com/ Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are putting down our deposite for the muck this weekend! We love it, we went for a tasting and that put us over the edge. I would love to know how the actual wedding goes for those of you getting married there before Sept. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers image165 image100 image38
  • Options
    alevans5alevans5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,

We are just starting our planning and think that the Muckenthaler looks great. Can you give a ball park of what the overall cost is so that we know if this venue would even be in our budget?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-orange-county_muckenthaler-mansion-wedding-next-july?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:63Discussion:2174f03c-e344-40f5-9684-bc8464bb8641Post:4fc94e1d-029a-48e3-9a50-32c8e149813b">Re: Muckenthaler Mansion Wedding Next July</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, We are just starting our planning and think that the Muckenthaler looks great. Can you give a ball park of what the overall cost is so that we know if this venue would even be in our budget?
    Posted by alevans5[/QUOTE]

They have tons of packages to choose from and are willing to work with your budget. We are having a wedding for 120 and it is going to cost around 10k. Just keep in mind that is an off peak season price (January wedding).
    Wedding Items for Sale!! http://wedding12712.weebly.com/ Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    We got married on 9/10/11 at The Muckenthaler and Rick and Kristen were our wedding coordinators. They were amazing and the place is amazing. It rained in the morning (which is good luck to rain on your wedding day) and by the time of our 5pm wedding it was perfect blue sky and perfect weather. The sun was kind of in my face at that time but didn't affect anything. The food was great, venue was great, Rick and Kristen were great and there was nothing I would have changed. We choose the gold option (the middle priced one) and it had an open bar and I think the total price was 13k. Good Luck! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards