Maine

Portland Country Club- altermate ceremony site?

Hey everyone- I just got engaged and just starting the search from Chicago for a Maine wedding (where most of my family is from).

We are strongly considering the Portland Country Club for the views and since my uncle is a member (plus my mom got married there!!). The only down side is we will have more than 100 guests (probably 150-200)  and the can do a reception for that size but not the ceremony.  We willl have a lot of out of town guests so we will ahve to rent shuttle buses or something.  Also, we are not really smitten with a church ceremony.  Any ideas of local places to do the ceremony where we can shuttle everyone easily?  Has anyone ever rented a tent for Gilsland farm the autobon society spot near by? If they did an onsite ceremony for more than 100 this place would be perfect!!  I guess there is a little church near by that is "cute" according to my mom but not sure what the story is with it, I am looking for a short and sweet ceremony.

Re: Portland Country Club- altermate ceremony site?

• edited December 2011
    I am in the same boat! Have you considered the eastern prom? A lot of people get married in front of the gazebo there ( about 3 mi away).. 
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are interested in allowing all 150+ guests to sit during your ceremony, the Eastern Prom won't be an option.  We live across the street from the gazebo and originally wanted to get married there, but they don't allow more than 10 or so chairs (most public parks in Portland go by this rule).   I've seen a handful of ceremonies over there over the past 3 years that I've lived here, but most were pretty small gatherings, definitely not 150-200 people!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the heads up on the eastern Prom and chairs!  We are strongly considering Gilesland Farm through the Autobon society across the street.  Just doing the ceremony there not the whole thing. 

Juda16- when is your wedding? We are tentative August 25th 2012- we have the deposit for PCC then but we can change the date if needed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards