Wisconsin

Should I wear a wedding dress?

I am getting married on New Years Eve on a carriage ride downtown Milwaukee. This is a second time for both of us and we didn't want a wedding. I'm 25 and I'm debating if I should wear a wedding dress. A part of me wants to and the other part thinks I shouldn't. If I don't, I was thinking just a ivory sweater dress, leggings, and boots. We are only have 4 friends with us...no reception. Thoughts?

Re: Should I wear a wedding dress?

• I think that if a part of you wants the dress, and you have the budget for it, go for it! Even though you are not having a wedding, you still deserve to feel like a bride.  It wouldn't have to be huge or poofy, and you could wear a beautiful wrap.  
  • I say wear something that makes you feel beautiful.  Be that the sweater dress you decribed, a gown, or a cocktail dress, or something else.  If you go simpler, maybe splurge on a great accessory that will make the outfit look a little more special.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I agree with PP. Whatever you wear should be something you feel beautiful in. I think a wedding dress, especially here in Milwaukee on New Years Eve, could look incredible in any photos you take, if we have snow and such. Otherwise, if you'd rather wear something warm (sweater dress), that would look awesome as well. At the end of the day, go with what will make you happiest.
    Praying for a miracle!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards